We are wives, we are moms, we are homemakers and we are career women. And while we are too busy taking care of everybody else, we struggle with the idea of putting ourselves first. And most importantly, we often do not include a morning workout in our daily routine. Health experts emphasise on having a set routine of morning exercise because that’s when we set the tone for the rest of our day.
Doing morning exercise regularly for your mind and body is extremely beneficial. It relieves stress that we go through in our day to day lives.
5 Must Know Benefits Of Early Morning Exercise
- Fewer Distractions: Morning workout typically is when you have just woken up and you haven’t yet started tackling the day’s to-do list.
- More Overall Energy: Morning exercise is excellent for boosting energy and reducing fatigue.
- Hormones Working To Your Advantage: Morning Exercise helps you take advantage of naturally circulating hormones that are at peak in the morning.
- More Regular At Workout: You are less likely to skip morning workout sessions.
- Improved Sleep: Morning exercise sessions will push you to go to bed early and wake up early morning. This results in improved sleep.
If you cannot dedicate enough time on a busy day, indulging in a short 10 minute morning workout is better than skipping it completely.
Quick 10 Minute Morning Workout Regime:
These exercises will help you target your whole body without taking much of your time.
Get right to it by jogging in place. Hike your knees up in level with your hips and start pumping your arms. One right and left knee equal one rep. Count to 50!
Mountain Climbers With A Push Up
Start in plank with your hands underneath your shoulders. Bring your right knee in toward your left elbow and then your left knee towards your right elbow. Then do a push-up. Repeat this 15 times.
Rope skipping is simple, you can choose to do variations in your rope skipping to make it more challenging.
Separate your feet wide with your toes slightly turned out. Bend your knees and sink your hips toward the floor without bending forward. Move fast since it’s meant to be a quick morning workout routine! Do this 25 times.
Lunge With A Front Kick
Put your left foot behind you into a lunge. Kick your left heel out in front of you into a front kick. Then bring the left foot right back into the next lunge. Do this 15 times on each side.
Plank Superman Reach
Start with a plank. Without moving your hips, alternate raising your right and left hands forward like Superman. Do this 25 times for each arm.
Lie on your back with your feet straight up in the air. Lift your upper body and reach your left hand toward your right foot, and then right hand to the left foot. Do this 25 times on each side.
If losing weight or getting fitter is on your list, then your best choice is to do a calorie-burning workout before breakfast. The right combination of a morning workout plan can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Yoga is known to be the best for weight loss and most appropriate if practised before or at the time of sunrise. Practising yoga as one of the morning exercises for weight loss will not only tone the body externally but also help in the healing and strengthening of internal organs. Other than this, swimming, biking, dance, pilates and kickboxing are some interesting and effective morning exercises for weight loss.
Furthermore, all fitness experts always stress on stretching exercises. It is important to include morning stretching exercises in your workout routine, as overnight proteins get collected in the joints. It is important to stretch your muscles and work your joints to prevent discomfort or pain. Also, these stretching exercises tone your muscles. You can even practise morning stretching exercises on your rest days, rather than skipping morning workout completely.
5 Basic & Effective Morning Exercises To Add To Your Workout Routine
1. Single-Leg Deadlift
Deadlifts are one of the best exercises for working the back of your body.
- Take a pair of dumbbells. Stand on your left foot.
- Keep your core engaged and chest up during the entire movement, lift your right foot behind you and bend your knee so your right lower leg is parallel to the floor.
- Bend forward at your hips. Slowly lower your body as far as you can.
- Pause, then push your body back to the starting position.
- As you come up, use your glutes to push your hips forward instead of lifting from your back.
Improve your body conditioning by combining these with lunges and tone your muscles with ease.
2. Side Plank
Planks are one of the best exercises for your abs.
- Lay down on your left side with your knees straight.
- Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Turn around and lie on your right side and repeat.
Challenge your ability to stay calm and focused with a side plank variation pose.
3. Push Up
A perfect-form push up challenges the entire body (especially your chest).
- Start on all fours.
- Place your hands on the floor so that they’re slightly wider than and in line with your shoulders.
- Keep your feet close together.
- Keep the hips lifted and your core braced the entire time.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor and then push yourself back to the starting position.
Tweak your pushups a little to step up your workout game by adding a fun element to it.
4. Second Position
This is one of the best exercises for women because, they work all of the larger muscles in the lower half of the body, making them incredibly efficient and effective at both building muscle and burning calories,
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out slightly.
- Lower your body down by bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Bring arms overhead and shoulders down and back.
- Pause, then slowly push yourself back up to the starting position.
Bridges are not only one of the best exercises for a sculpted butt, but they will also help keep your back healthy and pain-free.
- Lay face-up on the floor with knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause in the up position, then lower your body back to the starting position.
- The perfect addition to a leg workout for women.
Workout your glutes by incorporating weights and keep the body stable throughout the hip thrust movement.
It is always a good idea to take precautions and safety measures before you start. Here are a few key pointers that you should take into consideration to exercise safely.
- Listen to your body. Hold off on exercise when you’re sick or feeling fatigued.
- It’s best to start slow. Boost your activity level gradually unless you are already exercising frequently and vigorously.
- If you stop exercising for a while, drop back to a lower level of exercise initially.
- Choose clothes and shoes designed for your type of exercise.
- Always get your blood sugar level and other required medical tests done. Accordingly, choose a workout that best suits your body.
It’s important to have a workout routine to live a healthy and disciplined life. After talking about all the benefits of early morning exercise, we agree that the best time of day to get in a workout session is early morning. So try these exercises and enjoy a healthy life!