Yay! It’s Holi again. The festival of colours is back to fill your day with its happy hues, not to forget the endless number of irresistible gujias that you can lay your hands on without any guilt. Cliches apart, the day is not exactly a joyous time for your skin and hair.
The fact that Holi can wreak havoc on your hair and skin is an understatement. The harm caused by the colours, sun exposure, polluted water, and friction is immense. Even if you are consciously using organic gulaal, you never know whether it is true to its label. Taking care of yourself after a Holi party toh banta hai boss—especially given the long weekend, aka, the ideal time for some self-love and self-care. Learn about the advantages of hot oil massage in reducing stress and reducing hair loss.
Here are 11 beauty products that you should definitely have in your kitty for your Holi self-care routine.
1. Cinnamon Soul Skin Care Range
Holi signifies a period where seasons change and, hence, there is a requirement to tweak your body care routine as well. So, while it’s all fun when the sun’s out and the colours are in the air, it’s only once you’re back in the shower trying to get the colours off that you begin to look for something, literally anything, that can help your skin and hair recover.
Brand Cinnamon Soul has got you covered with basic steps for your post-Holi celebrations that will only keep the memories alive and wash the colours away easily.
Step 1: Once the celebrations are done and the dancing stops, and you head back home to shower, here are a couple of things you might want to keep in mind.
- Before you jump into the shower, spend a couple of minutes applying an oil all over your body. As most colours are fat soluble, it’ll help dislodge the colours off your skin faster.
- Wipe off the oil on your face with a dry or warm cloth before you step into the shower.
- Use a mild body and face cleanser, or a mild soap rich in plant-derived ingredients as they gently cleanse without stripping or drying your skin. Look for cleansers or washes with natural humectants that help retain moisture while cleansing your skin.
Step 2: To complete the post-Holi beauty routine, don’t forget to thoroughly moisturise your body while still damp, with an after-shower oil or a body cream. This will help seal in the moisture and prevent further skin irritation and dryness later.
Do avoid excessive scrubbing or using exfoliators to remove the colours, as it might aggravate your skin. It is also recommended that you choose organic Holi colours over chemical ones. Organic colours reduce the risk of breakouts or allergic reactions and are the safest to use on sensitive skin.
Go check out brand Cinnamon Soul for luxurious, organic skincare products.
2. Vishisht Lifestyle Natural Rosemary Hair Serum
- The gel-based hair serum offers the triple benefit of leave-in conditioner, hairstyling gel, and an anti-frizz spray
- Apply a very small amount of it on the hair ends and spread throughout the dry and frizzy part of your hair for daily use
Go check it out here
3. Kerastase Genesis Masque Reconstituant
- Reduces hair fall, which is often an inevitable fallout of Holi colours
- Especially suitable for coloured, treated, and dry hair
- Imparts shine and nourishment to to your hair, without making it look oily and weighing it down
4. The Blue Pond Night Ritual Facial Oil Serum TREPHO
- Specialises in skin-hydration, de-pigmentation, and skin-brightening, all of which are absolute essentials for prolonged use after a Holi bash
- Enriched with oils of organic neroli, grapeseed, chamomile, rose, and jojoba
- Apply few drops, or one pump, of the product before going to bed on a clean face fro moisturising and restoring your precious skin
- Suitable for all skin types
Go check it out here
5. Myra Veda’s Luxury Essentials Moroccan Argan & Blackseed Restorative Shampoo
- 100% vegetarian shampoo that is devoid of mineral oil
- Moisturises your hair
- Silicone and paraben-free
- Accompanied by an invigorating fragrance
6. Bella Vita Organic SilkyStrong Coffee Onion Ayurvedic Herbal Anti-Dandruff Natural Hair Growth Oil
It is highly recommended by experts that you apply hair oil before jetting off to the Holi party. It will prevent the gulaal from coming in direct contact with your hair, thus, protecting your luscious locks. Even if you forget, try oiling your hair on a weekly basis for one month to repair the damage it will undergo during Holi
- Non-sticky lightweight formula for shiny hair
- Keeps frizz at bay
- Enriched with the goodness of coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil along with coffee bean extract, amla, brahmi, and shikkakai
- Accompanied by a soul-uplifting fragrance
7. DoYOU Face Wash + Oil-Free Moisturiser Combo
Holi gives your skin a harsh time. And, hence, it is essential for you to gift your skin the TLC that it deserves, especially after a Holi bash. Here’s the dhamaka combo of DoYOU Face Wash and Oil-Free Moisturiser from their skincare range to get you started.
DoYOU Face Wash
- Mild foaming face wash to give your skin the comfort that it needs after a Holi party
- Paraben-free face wash that serves as an all-in-one CTM (Cleansing,-Toning-Moisturising, duh!) solution
- Non-drying formula is adept at cleansing pores, toning them and replenishing the lost moisture to the outer layer of the skin
- Restores your skin’s lost radiance, making your skin appear smoother, softer and brighter
- What’s more, it’s suitable for all skin types
DoYOU Oil-Free Moisturiser
- Light-weight and non-greasy formula that is gentle on your skin
- Cooling sensation after feeling the burn of colours on your skin
- Lightweight hydration that leaves the skin feeling young and supple
- Hyaluronic acid helps replenish and maintain the skin’s moisture content for longer
- Best suited for dry skin, combination skin, and acne-prone skin
Go check them out here
8. Health Me Please Homemade Hair Oil
- All natural hair oil that boosts scalp health
- Infused with hair superfoods such as onions, moringa, neem, curry leaves, hibiscus, amla, and other hair health essentials. Uses coconut oil as the base, the other ingredients are soaked for over a day.
Go check it out here
9. Nature Nushka 24×7 Hair Fitness Total Solution (Combo Of Hair Growth Oil & Mist For Hair Fall & Dandruff Control)
Your hair care routine after playing Holi shouldn’t be just a one-time effort. A consciously sustained effort is essential to prevent the colours from causing havoc to your hair and scalp. Without it, you may experience hair conditions like dandruff, among others. Here are the ingredients in this product that could be a saviour for your tresses.
- Avocado Oil – Moisturises and nourishes hair and scalp
- Jojoba Oil – Treats hair fall and promotes the growth of hair
- Pea Extract – Enhances scalp health and improves hair growth
- Onion – Nourishes scalp for boosting hair growth yet again
- Neem – Improves scalp health by maintaining pH balance
Go check it out here
10. Earth Rhythm Conditioning Hair Butter With Hibiscus, Shikkakai & Tamarind
- Suitable for dry, frizzy hair—all hair problems that are common after a morning of playing with Holi colours in the sun
- Imparts softness and shine to your hair
- Delightful blend of hibiscus, shikkakai and tamarind, straight out of your dadi or nani’s treasure trove
11. The Harkoi Mineral Matte Sunscreen – SPF 35 (8 Shades)
- Mineral sunscreen that protects skin from harmful UV rays
- Comprises matte mousse base, available in 8 shades
- Developed especially for the unique needs of the Indian skin
- Serves the dual benefit of a sunblock and matte mousse base
So, desi women, you got your pick when you want a hint of makeup on your face, along with the benefits of sunscreen, without having to use separate products!
Go check it out here
Let your hair down (or put it all up in a bun if you will), the above products will keep you sorted from the gulaal taking a toll on your hair and skin. With spring in your footsteps, throw caution to the wind and dunk yourself in colours, without a care in the world for your skin and hair. Because they’ll be well taken care of. Happy Holi!