If the Coronavirus has taught us anything, it’s that most of us can work from home. Now while many of us have jobs, there are others who are discovering/rediscovering their passions and skills during the lockdown, right from fitness and recipes to handmade crafts and products. In any case, the first thing you would need when you’re working from home is a dedicated workstation. And here are some desk decor ideas to help you get started.
The good news is, you can actually make money off your talent. With social media and online marketplaces, home entrepreneurs have a ready set up to sell their products and services.
Tips For Home Entrepreneurs:
- Upskill by taking online courses or consulting a person who already works in the space you want to enter.
- When it comes to marketing, the key is to always start at home; use your inner circle, friends and family to spread the word about your new venture and get initial recognition and free promotion.
- Be serious; organise your day and put the minimum 9 hours in as you would with a job if you want to turn this into a full-fledged business. You can do it part-time and be more flexible with your schedule if you’re just looking for some money on the side.
- Don’t over or under invest. Most home businesses may require very little to set up shop, especially if you’re selling through third party vendors. So while you should be frugal, some ventures may require a small investment initially or periodically for digital marketing, distribution, or even raw materials.
- Network, network, network. Sell your idea, your personality, and your brand to anyone who is willing to listen. Entrepreneurship is often about the right person being at the right place at the right time. You never know when which connection sparks a big order or long-term collaboration.
With that, here’s a video featuring 5 bankable home business ventures you can try that have great money-making potential. Additionally, you can also consider these business ideas with low investment and high profits that are perfect for women.