Think of Diwali outfits and what flashes before your eyes are endless Instagram posts of #OOTDs and celebrities flaunting the latest fashion trends. It truly is the festival that makes shopping sprees enjoyable and motivates everyone to look their stylish best. There’s a ton of ways you can add sparkle to your Diwali wardrobe; be it on a budget or going all out. And this Diwali, TC46 has you covered with fashion tips and outfit styles from the finest in the industry.
TC46 connected with Label Megha & Jigar to get the ultimate outfit style guide ideas and tips for Diwali. Here, designer and couturier Jigar Mali shares his top shopping tips for the festive season, the biggest trends to try this year and outfit ideas to glam up your Diwali wardrobe.
1. Comfort and sustainability is how festive fashion evolved in 2020 and 2021
With the pandemic-induced lifestyle changes, the choice of dressing has also been redefined in the recent past. The fashion industry took a turn on more comfortable and sustainable festive wear in 2020 and 2021. The trends seen are for one outfit being styled in multiple ways for various occasions. For instance, if lehengas are bought, the cholis are also used as crop tops and the lehengas are also used as long skirts. Creativity had taken a major hit in fashion and has evolved tremendously, for both designers and for buyers.
2. Chic elegance is the biggest fashion trend for Diwali this year
As mentioned earlier, this year’s fashion trend is all about comfort and sustainability. The biggest fashion trends this year for Diwali would be shararas and ghararas defining chic and elegance at the same time, the evergreen and experimental ruffle sarees, as well as chanderi suits, is a perfect fit for matching up with the festive season. As for men, draped kurta sets with floral jackets are at a peak this year. The ones who want to experiment with making fashion statements should try silk kurtas with dhoti creating the perfect elegant and festive wear this season.
3. 10 festive outfit ideas for women for Diwali
The types of outfits women should look for this year should be:
- Light-Weighted Lehengas: These could be styled in various ways and can be used as crop tops, either with a dupatta or without one with minimal makeup.
- Ruffle Sarees: One could also experiment with ruffle sarees this season as it is a mix of true elegance and contemporary style, perfect for a modern woman. The fabric could be either silk, chiffon, or Banarasi.
- Chanderi Suits: This season is also about chanderi suits making one look artistic, effortlessly. Hand-embroidered and printed chanderi suits are the new trending artistic way to go this festive season.
- Ghagara & Kurta: One can also style a mid-length kurta or kameez and pair it up with a gharara to slay the occasion with style.
- Anarkali: You can also style an Anarkali as a dress and pair it up with a palazzo which is an amalgamation of a comfortable yet chic look.
- Crop Top & Salwar: The mix of indo-western outfits can also vibe this season as experimentation has been the biggest virtue this season. Hype up your Diwali outfit with a chic crop top with salwar adding a dupatta to it and complete your festive look with a bindi.
- Flared Bottoms: Another look to game up your Diwali wear is your flared bottoms ensembles with a long fluffy kurta that has been in your wardrobe and is the trendiest look at the present.
- Dhotis & Jackets: Layering your outfit is also a perfect way to go this season. Put on your dhoti suits and layer them up with designer jackets and level up this season. Pick up in crispy fabrics like cotton silks and some junk jewellery and you’re all set.
- Saree & Crop Top: Channel the inner diva and go for a classic saree with a crop top. Select fabric such as chiffon, pure silk, georgette and slay like a queen.
- White Shirt & Skirt: You can also try ditching the usual lehenga and go for flared light-weighted skirts with a simple white shirt and accessorize with bangles and complete your Diwali look in the most stylish manner.
4. Trending colours for outfits this Diwali you should try
The trending colours for outfits would be:
- Yolk yellow
- Sky blue
- Sea green
- Shades of brown
These colours should definitely be on your list for your festive wear. The colours you should go forward with are light and pastel colours, defining and channelling the diva in you.
Light colours such as sky blue, lilac, dusty rose are the picks of the season making one look very graceful. Yolk yellow is definitely a colour one should opt for at least on one of the occasions this festive season as it gives a warm feeling with the festive season.
5. Tips for your shopping guide for ethnic wear for the festive season
This time of the year is when shimmer, glitter, and opulence come together for a perfect fit. Either offline or online, multi-designer stores or e-commerce platforms, festive outfits are all over the place right now. Just pick your fabric right and with the style, you’re looking for and walk with panache in your glam look. If you’re looking for designer wear, new festive looks by Anita Dongre, Kunal Rawal, Falguni Shane Peacock are places to look for. Online spaces like Amazon, Myntra, Ajio are places where you could find multiple styles and pick the outfit best for you.