Warm and breezy summer days are a welcome change after bearing months of cold and chilly weather! However, one cannot deny that this season comes with its own set of problems, making us constantly worry about how to remove skin tan. Sun tan removal is a major summer concern. Before we get to effective sun tan removal remedies, here’s what you should know about tanning.
What Is Tanning?
To put it simply, tanning is the uneven colouring of the skin after it has been exposed to the sun.
Did you know that tanning is your skin’s attempt to shield itself from the harmful UV rays?
How Does Tanning Occur?
When UV rays penetrate our skin, the production of melanin (the chemical responsible for pigmentation) is triggered. This happens because your skin is trying to protect itself from burning after sun exposure. The more you expose your body to the UV rays, the darker your tanning will be.
How To Remove Sun Tan?
A perpetual worry during summer is how to get rid of tan. A few simple tips can help you protect your skin from the wrath of the harsh summer sun. Here is how you can avoid excessive tanning:
- Put on a hat and sunglasses when you go outdoors
- Wear full-sleeved clothing
- Make sure you do not step out into the sun before putting on sunscreen
- Reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours
- Wash your face 3 to 4 times a day
- Stay hydrated to keep your skin replenished
While these methods can help you minimise the effects of sun exposure, it is still quite possible that you may end up with a tanned skin during summer. Now the question is how to remove tan without damaging your skin?
Fortunately, sun tan does not have any lasting effects. It usually fades away in a few days as our skin rejuvenates and regains its natural tone. People resort to various methods to remove tan from face, arms, and feet. The most common solutions to this problem are treatments like exfoliation, laser treatment, bleaching, and chemical peels. But if you don’t want to opt for chemical treatments, you can always resort to home remedies to remove tan.
If you’re thinking about how to remove tan naturally, there are several home remedies for tanning that you can use.
Here’s how to remove tan from face, hands, and feet with the help of easily available natural ingredients.
How To Remove Tan From Face?
Just a few minutes into the sun can wreak havoc on your skin! Your face becomes dull and visibly darker and you end up constantly worrying about how to remove tan from face.
Wondering how to remove tan from face immediately? To be honest, there are no instant methods for natural tan removal. These home remedies to remove tan from face may take some time before giving you the desired results.
These completely natural and safe ingredients can help you remove tan from face in just a few days!
1. Honey And Lemon juice
This is one of the best remedies for tan removal at home. Lemon juice consists of bleaching properties that can do work wonders for getting rid of suntan. Honey, on the other hand, will help keep your skin nourished. Here’s how to remove sun tan using honey and lemon.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and with about a teaspoon of honey
- Apply the mixture to your face
- Leave it on for half an hour before washing it off
For best results, use this homemade tan removal pack daily for two weeks.
2. Turmeric (Haldi) And Gram Flour
Here’s another simple yet effective solution for how to remove tan. A blend of two powerful ingredients, this face pack is one of the best home remedies to remove tan. Gram flour is an effective exfoliating agent. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce skin pigmentation.
Read on to find out how to remove tan from face:
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric and add it to 1 cup of gram flour
- Add in some water/milk and mix well to form a thin paste
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry
- Scrub it away with lukewarm water
3. Sandalwood And Rose Water
Another answer to how to remove tan from face is the highly recommended Sandalwood face pack. Sandalwood is a miracle ingredient that comes handy in dealing with several skin woes. It can be used to remove tanning, brighten the skin and improve its texture.
- Take 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and add in some rose water to make a thin paste
- Apply this mixture on your face and let it dry
- Wash your face with cold water
If you were wondering how to remove tan from face for women, this is one of the most recommended methods out there. Use this tan removal pack at home regularly for getting rid of tanning.
4. Tomato And Lemon Juice
Wondering how to remove tan from face at home without any fuss? Tomatoes are one of the most commonly used home remedies for face tan!
This fruit can help shield your skin from UV rays, lighten tanning, reduce redness, repair skin damage and help restore the natural tone of your skin.
- Use 2 tomatoes to make a tomato paste
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Apply the mixture on your face
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
Use this tan removal face pack at home once or twice a week. This is among the most effective home remedies for face tan that can be used for getting quick results.
How To Remove Tan From Neck?
One mistake a lot of us end up making with regards to sun tan. We care a lot about our face but completely ignore our necks. If you’re wondering how to remove tan from neck naturally, make sure whatever to include your neck in whichever mask you choose to apply on your face.
How To Remove Tan From Hands?
Summer sun can be harsh on your hands. If you’re wondering how to remove sun tan from hands, you don’t need to stress. Luckily, there are several home remedies for tan removal on hands that can be used to regain its natural skin tone.
Here’s how to remove tan from hands instantly at home:
5. Potato And Lemon
Potatoes contain an enzyme, which can help get rid of tan and brighten your skin. Here is how to remove sun tan from hands using this amazing ingredient.
- Blend 2 to 3 potatoes to make a paste
- Apply the paste on your hands
- Let it stay for a few minutes before washing your hands
- Cut a potato in half
- Apply it on the affected area
- Let it stay for a few minutes and then wash it off
Use this remedy on alternative days until you see results. Still wondering how to remove sun tan from hands? Read on to more amazing home remedies for how to get rid of tan.
6. Gram Flour And Yoghurt
A pack of gram flour (besan) and yoghurt is another way how to remove tan from hands. Together these ingredients will give you a cleaner and more radiant skin.
- Add 2 tablespoons of gram flour to 3 tablespoons of gram flour and mix well
- You may also add a few drops of rose water
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas
- Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Use gentle scrubbing movements to wash off the mixture
For best results, use this remedy 3 to 4 times a week.
7. Lemon Juice
Another method for how to remove tan from arms is lemon juice. The bleaching properties of lemon can help you remove tan from hands.
- Take a lemon slice and rub on the affected areas
- Let it sit for a few minutes
- Wash it off
- Apply moisturiser to keep your hands soft
Make sure you carry out a patch test before using this remedy since lemon may cause a stinging sensation. You may use this remedy 2 times a week.
How To Remove Tan From Feet?
Tanning can make your feet look shrivelled and aged but a little love and care can help your skin regain its natural colour in no time. Here’s how to remove tan from hands and legs.
8. Oatmeal And Buttermilk
Oatmeal possesses skin cleansing and exfoliating properties. The lactic acid present in buttermilk can help make your skin soft and supple as well as improve skin tone.
- Take 2 teaspoons of oats or oatmeal and soak in water for a few minutes
- Add 3teaspoons of buttermilk
- Mix well
- Apply the mixture on your feet and massage for a few minutes
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes and then wash it off
- Use this remedy twice a week for best results
9. Lemon Juice And Milk
Another solution to how to remove tan is the lemon juice and milk mask. This is a two-step remedy. For the first step, prepare a lemon-sugar mask by mixing sugar and lemon juice in equal measure. Gently rub this scrub over your feet and massage to remove the dead skin. Wash your feet and dry them using a towel. For the second step, apply a lemon juice and milk pack here’s how to prepare it:
- Mix ¼ cup of lemon juice with ⅓ cup of milk
- Mix well and apply the mixture over your feet
- Let it dry
- Wash off your feet with lukewarm water
- Wipe your feet using a soft cloth and then cover them with socks
- This is one of the best home remedies to remove tan and can be used 2 times a week
10. Papaya And Honey
This is one of the best tan removal pack at home that you can use to get rid of tanned feet. While papaya comes with bleaching and exfoliating benefits, honey helps soothe, moisturise and brighten the skin. Here is how to remove tan from feet instantly at home:
- Take ½ cup of mashed papaya
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Apply the pack on your feet and let it sit for half an hour
- Wash off with cold water
These are just a few of the many ways in which you can get rid of sun tan naturally. However, you need to be a little patient since these remedies may take a few days to get the desired results. With these home remedies to remove tan and a dedicated summer skin care routine, you can enjoy the summer without worrying about ending up with dull and tanned skin.