Karva Chauth holds a special place in the hearts of Indians. While the festival is a celebration worth remembering, most people associate it with Bollywood. From Chand Chupa Badal Mein to Bole Chudiyaan and DDLJ’s rooftop romance under the moon to Baghban as proof that age is ageless, movies have given us a lot to look forward to for this festival.
The best part of this grand celebration of an eternal bond is the part where you get ready. Apart from the food, ofcourse. While red is the colour of suhaag, trends are changing and so are the outfit and makeup choices. Here are some fabulous and fashionable looks to try this Karva Chauth.
5 Ways To Glam Up Your Karva Chauth #OOTD
1. The Alluring Jogan
Madhuri Dixit’s outfits in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun are simply mesmerizing. If you are a newly engaged bride-to-be or just want to keep the vrat for your boyfriend, you can go for a simple, elegant look. Go for a solid yellow Patiala suit from Maye Ni Maye, make heads turn with the iconic purple saree in Didi Tera Devar Deewana or sashay in the chocolate brown glimmery lehenga!
- For these outfit choices, it’s vital that you keep your makeup look minimal yet classy
- To get a glowy finish, mix a little liquid highlighter with your moisturizer
- Wearing silk or organza can make you sweaty so don’t forget to use a setting spray
- Go for a fishtail or crown braid and curl your hair just like Madhuri!
2. The Coy Indian Shehzaadi
Who can forget Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s periwinkle blue lehenga studded with a thousand star-like beads! While her yellow and green outfit post marriage was beautiful, nothing compares to the lehenga in Chand Chupa Badal Mein. Give this shade a pop of colour or go for a contrasting dupatta to make a statement. You can even try the peach lehenga from Aankhon Ki Gustakhiyan.
- This outfit choice requires you to focus on your eye makeup
- Groom your eyebrows and keep them thick and shapely
- Go for a bold winged eyeliner
- Don’t forget to add a bit of highlighter to the inner corners of your eyes
3. The Stunning Trendsetter
From applauding her western outfits to falling head over heels in love with her desi looks, Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Poo was a trendsetter. Try her coral set with a cropped blouse, ombré palazzo pants, and a matching dupatta, all embellished with silver sequin work. Pastel colours with heavy embroidery are trending and this look will surely make your Karva Chauth extra special.
- Glossy pink lips is the way to go for this outfit
- Metallic eye shadows look wonderful and make sure you apply kajal
- Keep the blush to a bare minimum
- Add a maang tika and haath phool to complete the look
4. The Ghar Ki Badi Bahu
From K3G’s Kajol to the jethani in every Hindi daily soap, ghar ki badi bahu stands out from the crowd because of her Karva Chauth outfit. The quintessential sindoor and red outfit is a dead giveaway that makes any woman look divine. And for good reasons as red is the choice of colour for every bahu’s first Karva Chauth. Grab a red saree and pair with a contrasting blouse or go for vermillion red lehenga.
- Thin cat-eye eyeliner with a set of fabulous lashes and you are good to go
- A statement red lip is a must
- Add a gajra to your bun to alleviate your look
- Don’t forget the sindoor
5. The Queen Of Colours
Colour blocking is in and so are bright, happy colours. Try and mix a bunch of different colours to create a complete outfit. From bright pinks and oranges to emerald green with poppin yellow, go for pieces rather than a head-to-toe single shade outfit. Lehenga cholis work great as you have more pieces to choose from. But a contrasting suit and a statement dupatta will work wonders too.
- Try a unique coloured eyeshadow with this outfit
- A big, round bindi will make your look regal
- Keep it simple but don’t forget to add a pop of colour
- Pearl jewellery will go perfectly with this look
Vital Tips For Karva Chauth
- Avoid eating spicy, oily food the previous night
- Have a healthy Sargi that includes fresh fruits and nuts
- Do not overwork during the day, take it as a day off
- At your usual lunch time, go for a stroll or chat with your friends to distract yourself
- It’s always a good idea to keep water and candies handy if you need them
- Rehydrate while breaking the fast, drink a glass of water
- Avoid acidic beverages
The options are truly endless; peplum blouses, ruffle sarees, Indo-western gowns and so much more. Go contemporary or traditional, there is plenty to choose from. Get your outfit on, do your favourite makeup look and get ready to celebrate Karva Chauth! While your outfit and makeup are sorted, don’t forget to decorate aarti thali and diya. Here are 10 DIY aarti thali and diya decoration ideas in case you are looking for some inspiration.