Whether it’s the bewitching eye makeup of Deepika Padukone, Aditi Rao Hydari’s charming and soft face, or Priyanka Chopra’s smouldering look, they are all accentuated by their amazing eyebrows. Eyebrows help frame the face and a strong, well-shaped brow is the secret to nailing your makeup. The trend of dark and thicker eyebrows has been a game-changer, and here’s how you too, can get the look. Learn how to darken eyebrows without going overboard and looking unnatural. Here are some simple and time-saving ways to make your eyebrows darker and more fabulous.
5 Ways To Get Eyebrows On Fleek
1. Eyebrow Pencil
When it comes to makeup products or cosmetics for your eyebrows, how to use an eyebrow pencil is the most pertinent question. A favourite among makeup artists and celebrities, eyebrow pencils help fill in the gaps and create a neat outline for your brows.
How To Use An Eyebrow Pencil The Right Way:
- You can use a pencil that’s 1 or 2 shades darker than your natural brow hair colour.
- With the help of the slim tip, draw small strokes similar to your eyebrow hair.
- Gently fill the areas that have sparse growth in the direction of your natural hair.
Also, check out these quick and effective home remedies for eyebrow growth if you are looking to achieve that full-grown, well-defined brow look.
2. Eye Shadow
While a brow pencil is used to create a neat framework, eyeshadow is a must to diffuse the colour and make your darkened eyebrows look more natural.
How To Fill Your Eyebrows Using Eyeshadow:
- Just like an eyebrow pencil, take a shade or 2 shades darker than your natural eyebrow colour.
- Apply using the eyeshadow brush gently on your brows in short sweeping motions with a light hand.
- Finish by using a concealer to define eyebrow outline and cover-up overspill of eyeshadow product.
3. Eyebrow Tint
If you’re wondering how to colour in eyebrows for that extra glam look, an eyebrow tint is an addition you should be sure to make.
How To Use An Eyebrow Tint:
- Start with a small amount of product. Make sure you choose the right shade.
- Apply it on your eyebrows.
- Make sure you maintain the shape of your eyebrows.
- You can wipe off the excess with an earbud or cotton.
- Once it dries, follow the instructions carefully to take it off and get a natural look.
4. Eyebrow Gel
Another simple way to get a bold look for your eyebrows is by applying an eyebrow gel. This product helps accentuate your eyebrow colour and set your brow hair in place.
How To Use An Eyebrow Gel:
- Take a dip of eyebrow gel on your brush and apply it in the direction of your brow hair growth in short strokes.
- Be sure to get the product on your mid and inner brows so that the fuller parts of the eyebrows are further accentuated.
5. Natural Remedies
If you’re looking for ways on how to darken eyebrows naturally, there are plenty of home remedies you can try. Thick and full eyebrows appear dark naturally. Castor oil, coconut oil or olive oil promote hair growth and thickness.
How To Use Castor Oil To Get Naturally Dark Eyebrows:
- Pick a time of day to apply castor oil to the eyebrows on a daily basis.
- Use a cotton swab or clean mascara wand to swipe a small amount of castor oil over the eyebrows.
Learn How To Darken Eyebrows & Shape Them To Perfection
The first step to make your eyebrows look good is shaping your brows before darkening them. This can be done with the use of tweezers, wax or threading, however, if you already like the shape of your brows, you can choose to skip this step.
The Right Shape For Your Brows
Your eyebrows already have a natural shape, but enhancing them to suit your face can help take your look to the next level. You can opt for a flattened line, round brows, a soft curve, angled brows, or even a strong arch. Reading up on which eyebrow shape suits which face shapes is always a good idea before settling on your personal style.
The Spoolie Brush: A Must-Have
A spoolie brush is nothing but a small brush that can fit in your make-up vanity and be used to make your brows look splendid. Giving your eyebrows the perfect shape, blending the product or combing your brow hair before you put on the gel can all be made easier with a spoolie brush. You can shop for one at your local beauty store or order it online.
How To Use A Spoolie Brush:
- Use the brush to comb your brow hair upwards and trim the length that’s overshooting the natural shape.
- You can also use the spoolie to apply the brow gel or work the eyeshadow product into the brow for a soft and natural look.
8 Recommended Products To Darken & Fill In Your Eyebrows Correctly
Here are some popular brow defining products you can try:
- L’oreal Paris Brow Artist Genius Kit
- Maybelline Brow Drama Shaping Chalk Powder
- Miss Claire Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil
- Benefit Cosmetics Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil
- Nykaa Brow Chika WOW Eyebrow Pencil
- Lakmé Black Eyebrow Pencil
- PAC Eyebrow Brush
- DUcare Duo Eyebrow Brush
5 Useful Tips To Ace Your Eyebrows
- Shape your eyebrows to complement your face shape.
- Fill your brows with small hair-like strokes rather than roughly brushing it up.
- Move in the direction of your brow-hair growth.
- Use an eyebrow gel to set your eyebrows.
- Clean up the excess product with an earbud and even out the colour around the brows with a concealer for well-defined brows.