With the Covid-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing, not all of us can pop into the neighbourhood salon or meet our parlour didi for some self-care. Also, let’s be honest, staying at home all the time probably has you postponing your hair wash, a day longer than necessary quite often. So, how about you indulge in some intensive salon-like hair care treatments on the weekend to protect your beautiful locks?
Here’s a DIY hair masks video for every kind of mane problem—dry and damaged ends, oily scalp, dandruff, frizzy locks and hair fall.
Also, explore these home remedies for hair growth that are specially curated for you.
5-Step All-Weather Hair Care Routine
- Comb your hair gently and remove all the knots, then apply some warm oil and massage your scalp thoroughly. Keep it overnight or at least for 2 hours.
- While washing your hair, wet it completely, take some shampoo and mix it with water and then apply. Use circular motions to get a squeaky clean scalp. Don’t over scrub and massage gently.
- The next step is to apply conditioner; choose a nourishing conditioner or hair mask, and apply only till your mid-lengths. If you have thick hair you can use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the conditioner evenly on your hair. Keep it for 5-7 minutes before you rinse thoroughly.
- Take a microfiber hair wrap or a cotton t-shirt to absorb all the water from your hair. Do not leave your hair wet. Use the blot, squeeze, and press method to dry your hair. If you are going to blow dry your hair, make sure to apply a heat protectant spray.
- After your hair is somewhat dry, apply a hair serum to control frizz. And once your hair is dry, use a wide-tooth wooden comb to sort your locks.