Aparna Johri’s journey from being a Biotech Engineer to the mother of a boy is what inspired her to start her venture, Healthy With Aparna. With the mission to spread knowledge about the importance of nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, she conducts various talk shows online and offline, to create awareness and bust myths about health that have been perpetuated over the years. She actively communicates tips for healthy living through her social media platforms as well.
Here, the health coach, lifestyle consultant and certified nutritionist lists healthy food alternatives to boost metabolism, curb hunger pangs and fill your tummy with nutrition rather than empty calories. Swap your unhealthy food choices with ones that help you stay fit.
Muscle-Building Exercises For Women
Eating right is surely the way to get on the path of healthy living. But in order to lose weight and get rid of fat, exercising is a must. And while women are too busy taking care of everybody else, they struggle with the idea of putting themselves first. So here’s a quick morning exercise routine to follow along with the healthy food swaps for weight loss.
1. Single-Leg Deadlift
Deadlifts are one of the best exercises for working the back of your body.
- Take a pair of dumbbells. Stand on your left foot.
- Keep your core engaged and chest up during the entire movement, lift your right foot behind you and bend your knee so your right lower leg is parallel to the floor.
- Bend forward at your hips. Slowly lower your body as far as you can.
- Pause, then push your body back to the starting position.
- As you come up, use your glutes to push your hips forward instead of lifting from your back.
- Improve your body conditioning by combining these with lunges and tone your muscles with ease.
2. Side Plank
Planks are one of the best exercises for your abs.
- Lay down on your left side with your knees straight.
- Prop your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Turn around and lie on your right side and repeat.
- Challenge your ability to stay calm and focused with a side plank variation pose.
A perfect form push-up challenges the entire body (especially your chest).
- Start on all fours.
- Place your hands on the floor so that they’re slightly wider than and in line with your shoulders.
- Keep your feet close together.
- Keep the hips lifted and your core braced the entire time.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor and then push yourself back to the starting position.
- Tweak your pushups a little to step up your workout game by adding a fun element to it.
4. Second Position
This is one of the best exercises for women because, they work all of the larger muscles in the lower half of the body, making them incredibly efficient and effective at both building muscle and burning calories,
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out slightly.
- Lower your body down by bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Bring arms overhead and shoulders down and back.
- Pause, then slowly push yourself back up to the starting position.
Bridges are not only one of the best exercises for a sculpted butt, but they will also help keep your back healthy and pain-free.
- Lay face-up on the floor with knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause in the up position, then lower your body back to the starting position.
- The perfect addition to a leg workout for women.
- Workout your glutes by incorporating weights and keep the body stable throughout the hip thrust movement.