There’s nothing like a refreshing drink in your hand after a very thaka hara din. Put your feet up, play some music, and let the troubles of the world fade away. Are you looking for delicious recipes for your happy hour? We’ve got the perfect list apke liye.
Check out the following recipes of refreshing cocktails, coolers, and smoothies you can make at home.
Whip out your glasses and let’s get started, ladies.
1. Pina Colada
You can’t go wrong with this classic drink. It usually calls for only 4 ingredients.
- Pineapple juice
- Coconut milk or cream
- White rum
- Lime Juice (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients in the following proportions: 3 parts pineapple juice, 2 parts coconut rum, and 1 part coconut milk/cream.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and give it a mix.
- Add crushed ice or small ice cubes.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Ah, the perfect drink for everyone. Make this traditional cocktail by blending fresh mint, white rum, sugar, lime juice, and refreshing soda water. Mix and match the quantities to your liking.
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 60ml white rum
- Soda water, to taste
- A small handful of mint leaves, plus an extra sprig to serve
- Use the end of a rolling pin to crush the mint.
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, and mint leaves in a small pitcher.
- Pour this mix into a tall glass and throw in some ice.
- Use a long-handled spoon to swirl the rum as you pour it over.
- Top up the glass with soda water. Serve with garnished mint leaves on top.
Read: 11 Classic Beverages For The Monsoon
3. Strawberry Cooler
Days when suraj dada has given you no rest, you need something refreshing to bring you back to earth. A cold and delicious punch of fruitiness will do that for you.
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Crushed ice
- Additional strawberries (optional)
- In a blender, mix the water, sliced strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and zest in small batches until the mix is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a jar; mix in the ginger ale. You can strain the mix to remove anything.
- Serve in a chilled glass and garnish with strawberries.
4. Pudina Cooler
This Pudina Cooler is a terrific choice if you’re looking for a summertime drink to cool you off. This cocktail is easy to make and irresistible for your taste buds.
- Mint leaves – one bunch
- Green coriander – one small bunch
- 3/4 inch ginger
- 4 cardamoms
- 50 – 60gms jaggery
- 750ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pour some water into the jaggery and let it melt.
- Take the rest of the ingredients and make a smooth blend.
- Now strain the melted jaggery and set it aside.
- Mix the pudina mix with the jaggery water and mix well. Set aside the cooler for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Serve chilled with ice and garnish with mint leaves.
5. Citrus Cooler
Citrus can elevate the flavours of a drink like few other ingredients can. You squeeze in some lemon or squash into any drink and it changes the drink completely. You will fall in love with this citrus cooler which has ice cream, yes, ice cream!
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange squash
- Vanilla ice cream
- Make some fresh lemonade and let it chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Add some fruit bits of your choice in a tall glass and pour orange squash over it.
- Add in your lemonade and lime juice and give it a stir.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top.
- Decorate or serve it just like this!
Read: 4 Gin Cocktail Recipes From Top Restaurant Mixologists In Mumbai
6. Boozy Mango
Everyone loves mango. Eat them raw, cook them or make a drink. In every manner they steal hearts. This funky drink is going to make you ask for one more.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 16 kaffir lime leaves
- 8 ounces ripe mango, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces plain yoghurt
- 2 ounces buttermilk
- 2 ounces rum
- 2 ounces kaffir lime leaf syrup
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Pinch kosher salt
- Toasted pistachios, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Green cardamom powder, for dusting
- In a small pan mix, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup water and 16 kaffir lime leaves and bring it to boil over high heat.
- Take the pot off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down at room temperature.
- Once the mixture is fully cooled, strain it and set it aside.
- In a blender, purée the mango chunks and keep adding all the ingredients and make a smooth blend.
- Serve it chilled in a tall glass, garnished with toasted pistachios and green cardamom powder.
7. Jal Jeera Gin N Tonic
This gin and tonic cocktail is the perfect partner for a chilly evening because it has the goodness of Indian spices like cumin, black salt, and chaat masala as well as honey, gin, and the tang from lime.
- 60 Ml gin
- 15 ml lime juice
- 15 ml cumin honey syrup (cumin seeds – 30 mg & honey – 500 ml)
- A pinch of black salt
- A pinch of chaat masala
- A splash of tonic water
- Basil leaves and hydrated orange
- Gently roast 30 mg of cumin seeds. Add water to it and simmer for 10 minutes to make cumin honey syrup.
- Remove it from heat and mix well with 500 ml honey.
- Except for the tonic water, shake all the ingredients together.
- Top it up with a splash of quinine sparkles.
- Serve in a tall glass, garnished with dehydrated oranges and basil leaves.
8. Green Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
Start or end your day with a package of fruits and veggie goodness. The smoothie is easy to put together and even easier to down.
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 c. light coconut milk
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- In a blender mix all the ingredients and blend until it turns the right consistency.
- Serve it in a glass and have it fresh.
9. Almond Orange Smoothie
A wonderful almond orange smoothie with only five ingredients that uses citrus that is in season. It is straightforward but flavourful and nutrient-rich.
- Oranges, peeled
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
1. Simply blend all things together and serve fresh.
10. Litchi Ginger Cooler
This is the summer perfect drink. It will quench your thirst and leave you refreshed. A delightful concoction of basil leaves, ginger, litchi, and jaggery syrup, litchi ginger cooler will have you drooling.
- 8 fresh litchi (deseeded), peeled
- 3 Fresh ginger slices
- 4 tsp fresh
- Thai basil leaves
- 4 tsp fresh Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 50 ml jaggery syrup
- 500 ml cold drinking water
- 3 Ice cubes
- With the help of a mixer/ blender Mix litchi, thai basil leaves, jaggery syrup and cold water.
- Crush your ginger slices and add the paste to the drink.
- Let the drink cool in the fridge for an hour.
- Add 3 ice cubes in the serving glass and then garnish with chopped Thai basil leaves.
Did you enjoy this drink list? #BeALittleMore refreshed with glasses of goodness and deliciousness. Which recipe are you trying next? Mention it in the comments down below!
Open up like never before and participate in conversations about beauty, entrepreneurship, mental health, menstrual & sexual health, and more. Desi women, join our community NOW!