The Covid-19 global pandemic has changed the way we view life. From home-isolation to routine hygiene, sanitizing has become a crucial part of our lives. Also, the pandemic scare has changed how we view and think about home cleanliness. In times like these, it is crucial to understand the importance of how to sanitize home and keep it clean and hygienic. Clean homes make up for a safe environment and are essential in these times.
Sanitizing and disinfecting your home is an easier process than you think. However, it is important that you do it with the right gear and in the correct form. Here are some simple solutions to how to disinfect home and how to sanitize your house.
Essential Sanitizing Products That You Must Have
- With many disinfectants available in the market, resort to the known ones like Savlon, Lifebuoy and Dettol brands. Invest in disinfectant sprays, liquid cleaners and sanitising gels. They all can be wisely used for different surfaces.
- Buy scrubbers, hand-mops, wash-cloths, hand-towels, spray-bottles, buckets and tumblers, sponge-cloths for detailed cleaning of your home.
- It’s an affordable idea to buy the liquids and gels in a bulk amount so as to avail them for cheap, make the mixture of your disinfectant at home and fill them in your spray bottles and refill when necessary.
5 Simple Ways To Disinfect Your Home
Starting with the most important and easier rooms of all, we show you how to sanitize a room. Bedrooms are your private space and which is why they should be absolutely clean. For those of you who have an infant or young child at home, it’s even more crucial to have a clean private space. Bedrooms should be cleaned and aired out every single day. Here are some important things to remember:
- Bedsheets and Pillow covers should be changed twice a week.
- Curtains should be dry-cleaned once a month.
- Headrests, flat surfaces, tabletops, side desks, side lamps, electronics should be deep-cleaned and vacuumed twice a week.
- Mopping and dusting should be done every day.
Who doesn’t love a clean bathroom? It is a sacred place where you get cleaned up and get fresh. They say you build an image of you depending on how clean your bathroom is and that is how to sanitize your house. Bathrooms and toilets should be cleaned every single day. Here are some important things to remember:
- The wash-basin, shower area and your commode should be cleaned every day. That is where the germs live!
- The mirrors, storage cupboards, and clothes-rack should be cleaned once or twice a week.
- Your towels, foot-mats and rugs should be washed at least once or twice a week.
- Scrubbing of the bathroom floors and walls could be done once a month due to possible algae deposits.
The kitchen is the place where you cook your meals and store your food. It is necessary to have a clean and hygienic kitchen at all times and is important to understand how to sanitize a room that gets messy on a daily basis. Here are some important things to remember:
- The stove area, platforms and floors of your kitchen should be washed with soap water every single day.
- The kitchen cupboards, storage cabinets, electronic appliances, refrigerators should be deep-cleaned once a week.
- It is a good idea to use Kleenex or Drainex powders in your basin outlets that burn down any residual food that might be stuck in the sewage pipes. It makes for a healthy wash-basin area where your cutlery might be cleaned.
4. Living Room
The seating area of your house is the room that makes for an image of you and your home. It is the place where you host your family and friends, where you party or just where you relax through the day. It is one of the rooms that welcomes guests and thus has more chances of getting dirty than the other areas. Thus, on how to disinfect room, here are some important things to remember:
- Regular vacuuming, dusting at least once to twice a week is the way forward on how to disinfect fabric couch and other seating areas.
- Curtains and drapes to be dry-cleaned once a month.
- Rugs, Mats, Carpets should be professionally cleaned especially if you have a pet.
5. Outdoor & Storage Room
If you are someone with homes that have balconies, a garden area, stores rooms or a basement, always remember that these rooms need a deep cleaning too. That is how to sanitize home. Situated outside the house doesn’t mean they should be ignored. Here are some important things to remember:
- Mopping, dusting and moving around furniture and accessories should be done once a week.
- Deep cleaning of all outdoor spaces or of storerooms should be done at least once a month.
- Indulge in a give-away of old artefacts like newspapers, gardening tools or anything that you wouldn’t be using. Storing old items only causes more dust-mites to gather.
Other Preventive Measures Along With Sanitizing Your Home
In a pandemic situation like this, it is better to adhere to health and safety precautions. From learning how to sanitize house or how to disinfect home and keeping your health in check by eating well and staying indoors. Some simple preventive measures that you can adopt in your lifestyle are:
- Maintain personal hygiene by showering at least twice a day (avoid long showers to save water). Keep washing your hands or sanitizing them especially after touching doorknobs, lift buttons and common area surfaces.
- Consume immunity boosters from homemade recipes like the traditional turmeric milk, old-spices in the form of ‘kaada’, ayurvedic recipes and eat homemade food.
- Indulge in a complete sanitization of all your groceries and vegetables by washing the veggies in hot water and letting them dry out and spraying each grocery packet & bottle with a disinfectant spray.
- Invest in reusable gloves, cloth-masks and sanitizers for working staff at home. Teach them the importance of their uses that will help them through these times.
- If you have a pet at home, bath them regularly and keep them clean. Buy them paw-shoes to bring in fewer germs into the house and keep their paws clean.
- On how to sanitize house, one might find it tiring & cumbersome but always remember a clean home is a healthy & safe place for you and your family. Your home is the only place that you can live in especially during these trying times.
We all are experiencing a global pandemic for the first time in our lives and thus understanding how to sanitize home is crucial for the safety of your health. So, take everything in your stride and do your best.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!