With age come age spots, adult acne, physiological issues, menopause and saggy breasts. While some issues need some TLC, you can tighten your breast and go back in time. There are many ways to achieve a younger look through surgery or a good pushup bra. Saggy breasts happen as we start ageing and the connective tissue called Cooper’s ligaments and collagen in the body which makes your breasts perky and firm start breaking down. There are a few exercises that can help you keep them youthful and supple as you age.
8 Common Causes Of Saggy Breasts
There are many causes for sagging breasts and here we discuss the most important ones.
- Rapid weight loss or weight gain
- Multiple pregnancies
- Higher body mass index
- Estrogen deficiency
- Collagen deficiency
10 Simple Exercises For Breast Tightening At Home
Here is a list of curated exercises that will help you tighten breast naturally and give your bust a lift!
One of the easiest exercise to tighten breast skin is pushups. There are many variations under pushups that can be done to help strengthen your chest muscles.
1. Get on the mat in the plank position with your palms and toes on the mat.
2. Slowly lower your body until you touch the floor before rising again.
2. Incline Dumbbell Press
Although the bench press is a traditional chest exercise, using dumbbells allows for a greater range of motion. Start with moderate-weight dumbbells, and work your way up to heavier weights.
1. Adjust the bench in an inclined position at an angle of 30-45 degrees.
2. Lie on your back on the bench and hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands. Exhale and push them straight up, directly over the chest. Ensure that your wrists are straight.
3. Hold for a few seconds, and pull them back to your chest.
4. Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
3. Dumbbell Chest Fly
The dumbbell chest fly specifically targets your pectoral muscles for an. You can also choose to perform this move on a stability ball to engage your core more than a standard bench. Start with light dumbbells before choosing to increase weights.
1. Lie on your back on a bench, resting your upper back completely.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and your palms must be facing each other.
3. Bend your elbows softly and lower the dumbbells such that your hands are in line with your chest and bring back to the starting position.
4. Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
4. Dumbbell Pullover
A dumbbell pullover will hit plenty of little muscles you didn’t know existed. You can choose to perform the exercise either on a stability ball or on a bench to tighten the breast.
1. Lie on a bench and grasp the dumbbell with both hands and hold it straight above the chest.
Keeping your arms straight and bending at the shoulders, lower the dumbbell in an arc behind your head.
2. Bring the dumbbell back to the starting position.
3. Repeat the same for 10 counts for 3 sets.
5. Cobra Pose
Certain yoga poses like the cobra pose can be used as a breast tightening exercise at home.
1. Lie down flat on your stomach with your face down. Extend your arms overhead.
2. Place your arms under the shoulders and close to your chest, palms facing downwards.
3. Relax your feet while pressing the tailbone and lift your torso from the shoulders. Breathe normally. Hold for a few seconds and repeat.
4. Do 3 sets of 20 reps each.
6. Travelling Plank
One breast firming exercise at home that can be performed is the variations of the plank exercise. These exercises help strengthen the chest and arm muscles and can help with sagging.
1. Get on the mat in a plank position, with elbows and toes on the floor.
2. Tighten your core and glute muscles and lift your abs and hips toward the ceiling.
3. Crawl forward in the plank position by lifting your right leg and the left arm. Make sure the palms are facing down. Flex and extend your ankles to propel your body forward.
4. Repeat with the other arm and leg as well.
5. Do 3 sets of 15 reps each
7. Cable Crossover
Hitting the chest muscles at a different angle, using the cable crossover, ensures each part of your chest is getting worked for a well-rounded look.
1. Set the handles of the pulleys of the machine on both sides to the highest levels and set it at an appropriate weight level.
2. Stand in the center of the machine with your feet shoulder-width apart.
3. Bend your torso at the waist and step forward while you pull the handles in front of the chest, across the body. Make sure your core is engaged and your back is straight. Your elbows should be slightly bent, and the wrists should face the floor.
Inhale and stretch your arms until you feel a nice stretch in your chest muscles.
4. Exhale and come back to the starting position.
5. Do 3 sets of 15 reps each.
8. Cable Oblique Twist
A core move with added chest benefits, the cable oblique twist will give overall health benefits for your body.
1. Set the handle of the cable pulley to the height of your shoulder.
2. Grab the handle with both hands and set the weight of the machine.
3. Stand on the right side of the machine and grab the attachment with both hands, shoulder-width apart.
4. Keep your knees slightly bent, and engage your core and chest muscles, pull the cable towards your left, extending your arms.
Turn your upper body from the right to the left.
Pause and return to the starting point.
5. Practice 3 sets for 10 reps on each side and repeat from left to right.
9. Medicine Ball Superman
To challenge yourself, add a medicine ball to your superman exercise for that extra oomph.
1. Lie down on the mat on your stomach, stretching your arms overhead to hold a medicine ball firmly. Your legs should be stretched, and the toes should touch the ground.
2. Inhale deeply, engage your core and chest muscles and lift your head, hands, and legs simultaneously, and lift the medicine ball off the ground.
3. Put your head up and look forward without straining your neck.
4. Hold the posture for 10 seconds and drop the ball, head, hands, and legs.
5. Do 20 reps for 2-3 times.
10. Barbell Bench Press
Doing barbell exercises is easy. They can help tighten breasts and fix saggy breasts effectively.
1. Lie back on a bench and place your feet flat on the ground.
2. Add appropriate weights to the barbell.
3. Hold a barbell across your chest with the arms slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
4. Engage the chest muscles and push the barbell up from the chest, stretching your arms fully.
5. Hold it for a few seconds and return to the starting point.
6. Repeat 3 times for 15 reps each.
How To Prevent Sagging Breasts?
Want to reduce your risk of saggy breasts, or improve breast tightness? Here are some things you can do.
- Manage a healthy consistent weight
- Wear well-fitting and comfortable bras
- Always wear a sports bra during exercise
- Get a hormone test to detect deficiencies
- Don’t smoke or quit smoking
You don’t have to go under the knife to give your breasts a lift. Try out any of the exercises two to three times a week for effective results. Make sure you follow a healthy lifestyle to nourish your body and avoid saggy breasts.