With so many products coming out every day, rosewater is a constant favourite for each one of us. Rose water for face works as a toner and face mist. It instantly freshens up your skin and is organic. Using rose water for skin has no side effects as it is very light when applied, thus making it an everyday essential.
Before we jump to the benefits of rose water on face, let’s learn how to make rose water at home. All you need to do is take 7 to 8 roses and separate its petals. Take a pan and put the petals in it. Fill the pan with distilled water so that the petals are covered. Boil on a simmer until the petals lose their colours. Now strain the liquid while discarding the petals. Pour it in a spray bottle and your DIY rosewater is ready to be used.
8 Rose Water Benefits For Skin & Face That You Must Know
There are a lot of benefits of rose water on face. Below is a rundown of the few and major rose water benefits.
- It hydrates your skin
- Maintains the pH balance of the skin
- Controls the excess generation of oil on the skin
- It is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and thus takes care of the redness, irritation of the skin
- It also helps in treating acne, eczema
- It moisturises and revitalises your skin
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rose water for skin also helps in strengthening skin cells and regenerating skin tissue
- The smell of the freshly sprayed rose water works as an instant mood enhancer
10 Ways To Use Rose Water In Your Daily Regime
1. Rose Water As A Toner
If you are out of toner or want an inexpensive yet effective toner, rose water is the best option. Take a cotton swab and pour some rose water on it. Pat it on your face, just like any other toner and voila!
2. Refreshing Face Mist With Rose Water & Tulsi
Make a refreshing face mist using tulsi leaves and rose water. Put these into a spray bottle and store it in a refrigerator overnight. Use the spray as a mist and it will immediately cool down your skin.
3. Natural Lip Stain With Rosewater & Beetroot
A unique use of rose water is using it along with beetroot as a lip stain.
- Boil beetroot until all the moisture is absorbed and then put it through a grinder
- Add 1 tablespoon of rose water into it. Make a thick paste of it
- Apply this paste on your lips and leave it for 15 minutes
- Remove the paste and get pink-tinted lips
4. Moisturise Your Skin With Virgin Coconut Oil & Rose Water
This combination will help you moisturise your skin.
- Take some virgin coconut oil and add 2 tablespoons of rose water
- Apply on your face and leave it overnight
In the morning your skin will have absorbed this moisturising potion, making it smooth and hydrated. When it comes to hydrating your skin, using ghee for skin is another miraculous solution that you can rely on.
5. Natural Cleanser With Rose Water & Vitamin E Capsule
If you run out of a cleanser, there is a solution to it too.
- Take 2 tablespoons of castile soap and 3 tablespoons of rose water
- Squeeze a vitamin E capsule into it and use the mixture as a cleanser
6. Get Rid Of Skin Tanning With Lime Juice & Rose Water Face Mask
Summers and tanning have an inseparable relationship. However, you can always deal with it by applying a mixture of rose water and lemon juice on your face.
- Squeeze ½ a lemon in a bowl
- Mix 2 tablespoon of rose water into it. You might feel a little tickling effect for some time but that is completely normal
- Wash it off with cold water and pat dry your face. You can also add glycerine to the solution
Rosewater and glycerine is yet another amazing remedy for removing tanning.
7. Rose Water & Multani Mitti Face Mask For Acne
If you are dealing with acne-prone skin and there are a lot of acne scars and pimples, applying a face pack of multani mitti and rose water is a great solution. This face pack has been passed down through generations.
- Take 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth and 6 tablespoons of rose water
- Make a consistent paste and apply it on your face. You will feel a cooling effect on your skin. Leave it until the pack dries out completely
- Pat with water on your face and gently remove the mask
Using rose water for acne is an effective way to get rid of it.
8. Boost Skin Hydration With Rose Water & Honey
This combination hydrates all skin types.
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of rosewater and mix it well
- Apply it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
9. Rose Water & Cucumber Face Mask For Sensitive Skin
One of the benefits of rose water on the face is that it suits all skin types. This face pack is perfect for sensitive skin.
- Take ½ a cucumber and blend to get the juice
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of rose water in it
- Gently massage it onto your skin and leave it for 10 minutes
- Wash it off and dab your face with a soft towel
10. Rose Water & Aloe Vera Face Pack
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties. It does miracles for your skin when mixed with rose water. The rose water benefits are doubled when we team it up with aloe vera.
- All you need is aloe vera gel, fresh or store-bought
- Add a few drops of rose water into the gel and mix well
- Apply it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water
We all are now aware of how to make rosewater, ways to use it on your skin, and it’s endless benefits. Include rose water in your skincare routine to naturally keep your skin hydrated and happy. Use rose water on your skin and you will see a natural glow on your face.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is rose water good for your face?
A. Yes, rose water is really good for your skin. It gives you skin a natural glow, hydration, and toning. Using rose water for face packs is soothing and refreshing. You can use rose water for face as a toner also.
Q. Can I use rose water on my face overnight?
A. Definitely! Rose water benefits include maintaining the pH balance of your skin. Spraying or applying rose water using a cotton ball is beneficial to your skin. It will help in controlling the excess oil and thus the use of rose water for oily skin is one of the most trusted solutions.
Q. Why does rose water burn my face?
A. Rosewater is a purely organic skincare product, which contains nothing that would burn your face. So, you should moisturise your face properly before applying rose water on face. If the burning sensation still prevails, you are either using rose water with chemicals in it or you are allergic to rose water completely. A little tickling sensation is perfectly normal when using rose water. If the burn prevails for long, consult a dermatologist immediately.