Eyeliner makeup is one trick most makeup gurus swear by. The winged look, the Asian subtle look, the cat-eye, and so many more eyeliner styles.
These are some of the eyeliner tips and tricks to give your eyes a quick pick up. Read on how to understand how to apply eyeliner.
Fret not for we are here to tell you how to apply liquid eyeliner. We’ve got amazing tips and tricks to help you with that. And along with it, you can opt for other products like eyeshadow and gel eyeliner to try dramatic eyeliner styles. Before you dive deep to learn the techniques, watch this amazing tutorial video if you struggle with eyeliner!
4 Popular Eyeliner Styles That You Can Choose From
1. Classic Winged Eyeliner Style
From Audrey Hepburn to Sharmila Tagore, the classic wing eyeliner refuses to die. And while it seems a little different to get the wings to look like twins. Here’s how it won’t be difficult anymore.
- Draw a thin slant line from the outer corner of both your eyes.
- Make sure they are of the same length.
- Make a triangle and line your upper lash line.
- Fill in the gaps and that’s how you ace this eyeliner design.
2. Smokey Eye Styled Eyeliner
Smokey eye has to be the most glamorous eyeliner makeup style. Bollywood celebs love flaunting a smokey eye look on the red carpet. While a smokey eye seems very bold, it is wearable and also one of the easiest eyeliner styles.
- Take a kajal pencil or a pencil eyeliner and line your upper lash line. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- With a smudging brush, start blending the product keeping the look soft.
3. Cat Eye Styled Eyeliner Look
How to apply eyeliner by yourself and look sexy? Cat eyes. ‘Basic and Bold’, is how we describe this eyeliner look. And what’s more? It’s oh-so-easy.
- Just use a gel eyeliner and line your upper and lower lash line.
- Create a wing in the inner as well as outer corner of the eye.
- Make the line in your upper lash line thick towards the outer corner in order to get a snatched look.
- Go over it again to make sure you didn’t miss a spot.
4. Soft Eye Liner Look
Sometimes you are so not in the mood to look like you have put effort into your makeup. That’s when this effortless eyeliner look comes into the game.
- Take a thin brush and some black eyeshadow.
- Leave some space from your inner corner and draw a thin line on your eyelid till the outer corner but do not extend it.
- Blend the eyeshadow properly for a smooth effect.
Watch this fun video of real women applying eyeliner. If you relate to ‘Ms Missed The Whole Point’, then it’s time for you to up your eyeliner game!
9 Eyeliner Tips To Get The Perfect Look
- Add a touch of mascara to your eyeliner design to really make your eyes pop.
- After you apply eyeliner and mascara use a light eyeshadow to highlight your inner corner. This will make your eyes look more defined.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes after you apply eyeliner so that it doesn’t smudge at all. But even if you rub your eyes you can easily clean the smudged area with a makeup wipe.
- Use some coconut oil or a waterproof makeup remover to remove the eyeliner. Mostly some of the product is left under the lower lash line which you can remove using a cotton earbud.
- Use an angled pointed brush instead of a pointed brush when applying eyeshadow as an eyeliner as it is easier to work with.
- While doing a winged eyeliner. Draw the wing first.
- Apply a pencil eyeliner on top of your liquid eyeliner to get an intense black colour.
- Always tight-line i.e. take a kajal pencil and line your waterline on your upper lashes. It will help you create a more perfect liner look.
- If you make mistakes while applying eyeliner wait until it gets dry and then correct it. That will avoid any kind of mess.
4 Best Eyeliner Products For A Dramatic Look
1. Liquid Eyeliners
- Lakme Insta Eyeliner
- Nykaa Black Magic Liquid Eyeliner
- Maybelline New York Colossal Bold Eyeliner
2. Pencil Eyeliners
- Wet And Wild Icon Kohl Liner Pencil
- Colorbar Just Smoky Eye Pencil
- Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner Pencil
3. Kajal Pencils
- Nykaa Rock-The-Line Kajal Eyeliner – 001 Jet Black
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal
- Maybelline New York The Colossal Kajal 24-Hour Smudge
4. Gel Eyeliners
- Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
- Lakme 9 to 5 Naturale Gel Kajal
- L.A. Girl Gel Liner
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do you put liquid eyeliner?
A. Liquid eyeliner comes with a brush. If you are using a pen liquid liner you can apply it directly with the felt tip. There are plenty of new products that come with unique applicators. Some have a stamp-like applicator, some have a felt tip and many more. The trick is to use that specific applicator in that particular way.
Q. Which is the best eyeliner?
A. Pencil eyeliner is the best as it has various uses. You can use it as a kajal as well as an eyeshadow. There are a variety of pencil eyeliners available like the classic pencil one, a twisty one or a click one. A pencil eyeliner is easy to apply and easy to maintain as well.
Q. How do you make your eyeliner stay on all day?
A. You can use a long-lasting pencil eyeliner as it doesn’t budge at all. Another trick is to apply a black eyeshadow on top of the eyeliner to lock it in. Smudge-proof eyeliners solve this issue efficiently.
Q. Which eyeliner is easy to apply?
A. Liquid eyeliner is the easiest to apply because of its consistency. The felt or brush tip gives you the stability to apply the eyeliner flawlessly.
Q. Which eyeliner style is the easiest?
A. The smokey eye is the easiest eyeliner style as you don’t have to create a perfect line and you can totally do it as you like it. Mastering the art of how to put on eyeliner can be challenging sometimes. But it’s easy if you know these basic things on how to use eyeliner.