Keeping your skin healthy is something we all wish to have. However, it is on some of the special occasions when the usage of a little makeup, for the time being, causes long-term trouble for the skin due to exposure to the chemicals in there. While it is tempting to go directly to bed after a sangeet session, night out on the town or a party, sleeping with your makeup on can damage the skin. It is important not to neglect skincare and to make sure to use a makeup remover before sleeping. Take a step towards healthy skin and let it breathe. Here are some must-try techniques along with product recommendations for the best makeup remover.
Essential Guide To Remove Makeup Effectively
Ensuring good skin starts with a thorough cleansing. However, sometimes no matter how well you scrub and lather, it is not at all possible to get the makeup off completely. So here are some effective steps that will help remove the makeup from your face with ease.
1. Take Time For Better Effects
Sometimes, the slower the work, the better would be the results. Apply Ponds makeup remover or any other makeup remover of your choice and allow it to sit for some time. Let it have a few minutes while you try to do the brush and floss. It will help soften the liner, mascara, and the other make-ups you have used to slip off. After a while, wipe it.
2. Use Soap And Water Instead Of Relying On Makeup Wipes
Well, definitely makeup remover wipes can be an excellent choice acting as but it is important to follow a better sink session. Using the makeup remover wipes will not wipe off the makeup, as one would still need to wash the face. So, make sure you use water and face wash to remove the residue and get the skin prepped for a better good night regimen.
3. Remove Makeup Using Cleanser
If you are using a face wash for removing the makeup, use the micellar water (Garnier micellar water or any other brand) first or any kind of cleansing oil. These are known as the most effective for coaxing off stubborn makeup, including foundations and brow pigments. Truly these new oil cleaners are truly miracles. But if you are not comfortable with using an oil cleanser, use gel textured or milky textured cleaners as alternatives.
4. Cleanse The Eyelid Edges Properly
It is one of the most neglected areas during makeup removal. Remember, if it is left unattended, the liner and the mascara can build up there over time and finally lead to eye irritation. You can even use the olive oil with makeup remover pads, that will help break it all, and you won’t be required to scrub further, causing the lashes to break off and fall. Also, give removal enough time for penetrating and then gently use the reusable cotton pads to make the mascara slide off.
5. Cleanse The Hairline After Pushing Back The Hair
Makeup residue gets accumulated around the hairline, and that leads to breakouts and clogged pores. Therefore, you must make sure to tie up the hair back or slide on a headband to ensure every makeup trace can be removed.
6. Use Cotton Pads Instead Of Cotton Balls
Using cotton balls causes the fibres to be left behind on the lashes or the skin. This will cause a long time of irritation when you will be trying to soothe or detox. The cotton pads have a quilted texture, and therefore they are very helpful. Use speciality versions for some serious makeup removal.
7. Use Moisture As A Follow-up Of Makeup Removal
Irrespective of the skin type using moisture as a follow-up after makeup removal will be helpful. Remember, removing the makeup can dry up the area, and for sensitive skin, it is always helpful for using moisture follow-up to keep skin soft and properly hydrated.
5 DIY Makeup Removers
If you are still wondering how to remove makeup, there are different ways you can do the same. Find the five effective DIY makeup remover that will help cleanse the skin without using Lakme makeup remover or Neutrogena makeup remover.
1. Aloe & Olive Makeup Remover
For amping-up, the cleansing routine, ensuring to add some aloe vera water with the olive or any other favourite oil of yours, will be helpful. It is completely suitable for all skin types, and you will just need a bottle, aloe vera water, and extra virgin olive oil. It is very helpful for sensitive skin and is one of the best homemade makeup removers.
How To Use It:
- Just fill up aloe vera water in the bottle and add 2/3rd oil of virgin olive oil.
- There you will find the oil to be floating over the water.
- Make sure to shake the mixture well and then soak the cotton pad with it.
- Clean the face with the formula gently and lightly.
2. Coconut Oil Makeup Remover
The coconut oil definitely works as a brilliant item for breaking up the substances of the makeup that are water-resistant. It also helps to maintain the hydration of the skin. However, definitely make sure to give a follow up with a soap and water session for better cleansing. It is completely suitable for dry, dehydrated, and dull skin.
How To Use It:
- In a jar, pick out some coconut oil. Make sure it is in melted form.
- Further, rub the oil all over the eyelids, lashes, and face.
- Ensure to have enough oil for moving the fingers without talking on the skin.
- Do not let the excess oil remain on the face and wipe it off.
- Use some warm water at the end to splash it on your face.
- This will act as a natural makeup remover, providing the skin little extra rest.
3. Baby Shampoo-Eye Makeup Remover
If you are worried about how to remove waterproof mascara, use the no-tears baby shampoo along with olive oil or coconut oil and water. It is suitable for all sensitive skin and eyes.
How To Use It:
- Pour down a tablespoon of baby shampoo in a container.
- Add 1/4th teaspoon of the olive oil and mix the solution well.
- Pour in some water to fill the bottle.
- Shake it well after the same and then dip a cotton pad in the mixture.
- Try to remove the eye makeup gently.
4. Witch Hazel Makeup Remover
It is one of the brilliant ways to remove the makeup that is water and oil-based. It does not contain any irritating chemicals and will help remove the makeup and will also help reduce the building up of the pores. It is suitable for oily, sensitive, and dry skin. All you require is sweet almond oil, witch hazel, extra virgin olive oil, a small bottle, and purified water.
How To Use It:
- Pour down four tablespoons of the witch hazel along with 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
- Add to the solution two tablespoons of extra virgin oil.
- Shake the ingredients well, and then add purified water to three tablespoons.
- Shake well the ingredients again so that they can blend properly.
- Using a cotton pad, wipe your face with the solution.
- The solution will work much better than the Maybelline makeup remover.
5. Jojoba & Rose Makeup Remover
Better than the Garnier makeup remover is jojoba oil which acts as a natural makeup remover. It helps in better moisturizing, nourishing, and soothing of the skin, helping the same look fresh and radiant. It is completely suitable for all skin types, and you just need some jojoba oil, rose water, and a glass bottle to prepare the solution.
How To Use It:
- Fill the bottle with the rose water.
- Add in the same half-cup jojoba oil.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Using a cotton pad, remove the makeup without much effort.
TC46’s Recommended Makeup Removers
1. Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micellar water
The Bioderma makeup remover is a tough competitor to Garnier micellar water. It is helpful for cleansing and removing the makeup without having to disturb the dehydrated or sensitive skin. It has been formulated with the exclusive patent of Aquagenium that helps in improving the skin’s ability to retain hydration. It helps in the better attraction of the impurities and for keeping the skin hydrated and clear. It has high tolerance over the skin and is highly used by makeup artists.
- Alcohol & Paraben-free
- Moisturizing skin
- Not useful for eye makeup
- Causes irritation in the eyes
2. Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
It is a gentle cleanser that is very helpful for removing the lip and the eye makeup. The Clinique makeup remover helps better cleansing without any pulling, tightening, and skin drying. No residue gets left behind, and the skin is cleansed thoroughly. Works well with waterproof mascara and eye makeup.
- Recommendable for all skin type
- No fragrance
3. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Face Wipes
If you are not much aware of the Garnier makeup remover or using micellar water, the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes (pre-moistened) that come in the pack of 25 are helpful for removing the tough makeup without using Ponds micellar water. It helps clear the impurities and cleanse the skin by dissolving the dirt and oil for better cleansing. It is alcohol-free and helps remove 99.3% of the makeup without any kind of irritation.
- Gentle formula for skin moisturization
- Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist-tested
- Has a strong scent
4. Ahana Eye Make-up Remover
It is the best vegan makeup remover that is helpful for a gentle cleanser and for two-phase removing the waterproof makeup. No requirement would be there for using the micellar water. It provides better nourishment and helps remove stubborn makeup. you can use it for reducing stress and for having micro-tears.
- Calms, Conditions & smoothens the skin
- Can be used daily
- Hypoallergenic and vegan
- No rinse required
- Causes irritation to eyes
5. L’occitane Oil-to-milk Facial Makeup Remover
It helps cleansing of skin in an effective manner and is a perfect way for removing the makeup and the dirt. Using it, you would get a soft and healthy glow. It also has the content of the calendula, which has the properties of soothing and anti-aging, and for its smooth texture, it helps remove makeup and impurities in a gentle manner without any kind of discomfort.
- Softening of skin
- Healthy glow
- Strong scent
- Irritation to eyes
These makeup removers work well for helping keep your skin free from clogged pores or blackheads. From choosing the right product to learning how to use micellar water, you now know how to keep your skin cleansed. Try one of the DIY makeup removers and keep your skin hydrated naturally.