Hairbrushes are some of the most commonly used hair tools in our daily routine. They are designed to help you to style, detangle, and maintain the health of your hair. Combs come in various types such as wide-toothed, fine-toothed and rat-tail. Each type of comb serves a different purpose, but they all help to keep your hair in good condition and also boost hair health.
Hair brushes not only serve the purpose of styling and grooming your tresses, but also helps in detangling your mane and removing knots. They are also great for distributing natural oils throughout the hair, which helps to keep the hair looking shiny and healthy. Par dirty combs? Nah! In this article, we talk about how to clean comb and how to clean hair brush and why it is important.
5 Reasons Why Cleaning Hairbrushes Are Essential
How to clean comb might never be on your to-do list but it is crucial for maintaining the health of our hair. Here are the steps to highlight how to clean combs and brushes:
1. Removes Dirt & Grime
The thing is hair brushes need some maintenance every now and then because they gather dirt, grime, and dust from your hair and from the environment. It is essential to clean them every few days, so the grimy dirt, dust particles, and hair product buildup in them do not get transferred onto your hair strands. This can make them less effective at styling and detangling hair, not to mention compromising with hair hygiene.
2. Prevents Hair Breakage
Dirty brushes and combs can cause hair to break more easily. This is because dirt and grime can make the bristles or teeth of the brush or comb stiff and rough. Cleaning them regularly can prevent this type of hair breakage.
3. Controls Scalp Irritation
Dirty brushes and combs can also cause scalp irritation. This is because they can transfer dirt, oil, and bacteria from the scalp to the hair. Regular cleaning can prevent this from happening.
4. Kills Germs & Bacteria
Hair brushes and combs can harbour germs and bacteria. Cleaning them regularly can kill these germs and bacteria, which can help prevent scalp infections and other problems.
5. Maintains The Longevity Of Hair Tools
Cleaning hair brushes and combs regularly can help maintain the longevity of these tools. Dirt and grime can cause wear and tear on the bristles or teeth of the brush or comb. Cleaning them regularly can help prevent this type of wear and tear and ensure that they last longer.
5 Tips On How Often You Should Clean Your Hairbrush
The frequency of cleaning hair brushes and combs depends on how often you use them. Here are some general guidelines for cleaning hair brushes and combs:
- If you use them daily, it’s recommended to clean them at least once a week.
- If you use them less frequently, you can clean them every 2-3 weeks.
- If you have long hair, you may need to clean it more frequently as it may collect more hair and dirt than those with shorter hair.
- If you have a lot of hair fall, clean your brush more than once a week.
- If you use hair products daily or frequently, you may need to clean your brush more frequently as they can leave buildup.
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and you should adjust your cleaning schedule based on your individual needs and usage. For example, if you have a sensitive scalp, you may want to clean your brushes and combs more than once a week.
7-Step Process For Cleaning Your Hair Comb Thoroughly
Cleaning combs is relatively simple and here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean different types of combs. This will also guide you on how to clean wooden comb and how to wash wooden comb:
- Start by removing any tangles or knots in your comb with a wide-toothed comb.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and a small amount of shampoo or mild soap.
- Place the comb in the bowl and gently rub the teeth with your fingers to remove any dirt and grime.
- Rinse the comb thoroughly with warm water, and then dry it with a clean towel.
- If your comb has a metal part, you can use a small brush to clean the crevices or even a toothbrush.
- For combs with wooden handles or any other material, make sure to dry them completely, to prevent any damage.
- Leave the comb to dry completely before using it again.
It’s important to note that some combs may require a different cleaning method. This is specifically true for those with detachable parts or those made of delicate materials. In these cases, it’s best to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning. However, the above steps will help you understand how to clean roller comb.
In general, cleaning combs is simple, but is it important to know how to wash comb? Use mild shampoo or soap to avoid any damage. Cleaning your comb regularly will help to ensure that it is free of dirt and bacteria and will work better and last longer.
6-Step Process For Cleaning Your Hairbrush Thoroughly
Cleaning hair brushes is a bit more involved than cleaning combs, but it is still relatively simple. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean different types of hair brushes:
- Start by removing any hair from the brush with a fine-toothed comb or a brush cleaner tool.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and a small amount of shampoo or mild soap.
- Place the brush in the bowl and gently rub the bristles with your fingers to remove any dirt and grime.
- Rinse the brush thoroughly with warm water, and then dry it with a clean towel.
- If your brush has a metal part, you can use a small brush to clean the crevices or even a toothbrush.
- Leave the brush to dry completely before using it again.
Here is something different you need to know about how to clean round hair brush and how to clean paddle brush:
1. Round Hairbrush
Use a small brush to clean the base of the brush, where hair tends to get trapped.
2. Paddle Brush
Use a brush cleaner tool to remove hair from the brush.
In general, figuring out how to clean hair brushes is a bit more involved than cleaning combs, but it is still relatively simple. Cleaning your brush regularly will help to ensure that it is free of dirt and bacteria and will work better and last longer.
8 Additional Tips To Keep Hairbrushes & Combs Clean
Here are some additional tips to keep your hair brushes and combs clean:
- Avoid using hair products near your brushes and combs. This can make them harder to clean and can cause them to wear out faster.
- Keep your brushes and combs in a dry place. Damp conditions can cause bacteria to grow.
- Clean your brushes and combs immediately after using them. This can prevent hair from tangling and hardening, making it harder to clean later.
- Use a brush cleaner tool or a fine-toothed comb to remove hair from the brush. This can prevent hair from tangling and hardening, making it easier to clean later.
- Use a clean towel or paper towel to dry your brush and comb after cleaning them. This can prevent bacteria from growing on the brush or comb.
- Store your hair brushes and combs in a clean and dry area.
- Consider using a sanitising spray to kill germs and bacteria, especially if you have a sensitive scalp or skin.
- Don’t share your hair brushes and combs with others, as it can spread germs and bacteria.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your hair brushes and combs stay clean and hygienic, which can help to maintain the health of your hair and scalp. It’s a small effort but it will pay off in the long run.
Now that you have learnt how to clean your hairbrush and how to wash hair brushes, they are bound to work better for you, while ensuring good hair health. Cleaning frequency depends on how often you use your brush and comb. With the right care and cleaning, your hairbrushes and combs will serve you well for a long time. It is also important to use additional tips such as storing them in a dry place, using a sanitising spray and not sharing them with others to keep them clean and hygienic. By taking care of your hair brushes and combs, you’ll be able to enjoy healthy, beautiful hair for a long time.
Open up like never before and participate in conversations about beauty, entrepreneurship, mental health, menstrual & sexual health, and more. Desi women, join our community NOW!