Avoiding bad hair days is a task especially when it’s raining outside and so is hair care in rainy season. High humidity and higher hydrogen levels in the air have damaging effects on your hair. While getting wet in the rain is fun, monsoon hair care becomes difficult. The harsh rainwater can cause dandruff and hair fall. Studies show that both men and women face more hair loss during monsoons.
Due to the moisture in the air, your hair becomes greasy. While shampooing can solve this problem from time to time, dandruff is another issue. Not to forget, your hair becomes weak and that leads to hair fall. So while the rainy season is dear to all of us, you must upgrade your monsoon hair care routine.
Taking good care of your hair and maintaining a monsoon hair care routine can save you from a lot of hair issues. As we all have different hair types, monsoon hair care differs for each of them. Here are some hair types and how you can take care of them this monsoon.
5 Must-Follow Monsoon Hair Care Tips For Oily Hair
People with oily hair tend to have flat hair in the monsoons due to the high humidity in the air. They sweat more because of the heat hence the scalp releases more oil. These are some hair care tips which will help you.
- No matter how oily your scalp already is, oiling your hair once a week and massaging your scalp is a must. Indulge in a scalp massage and keep the oil on for at least 2 hours.
- Cream-based shampoos aren’t the best for your hair type. Try using clear-based shampoos. These are milder and they clean and remove the excess oil and dirt from your scalp without making your scalp dry.
- Keep the conditioner or hair serums for the mid-lengths of your hair and stay clear of the scalp.
- As you have oily hair, it is more likely to attract dirt. So avoid keeping it open and opt for hairstyles that you like.
- Rainwater contains chemicals that can lead to fungal infections. Make it a point to wash your hair every time you get wet.
5 Monsoon Hair Care Tips For Dry Hair That Can Come Handy
If you have dry hair, you know how frizzy your hair gets in the rainy season. So taking good care of your hair is a must for you. Here’s how you can do that.
- Wash your hair less often and avoid getting wet in the rain. As you have dry hair, the harsh chemicals in the rain will only deteriorate your hair quality and so will excessive shampooing.
- If you take hot showers always remember to rinse your hair with cold water after you are done taking a shower. This helps to close the hair cuticle and seal the moisture in.
- Avoid heat styling your hair at all costs and let it air dry instead of blow-drying it.
- Always oil your hair and keep it overnight before you wash it.
- Use homemade hair masks made of natural ingredients so that you stay away from the chemicals.
DIY Hair Mask For Dry Hair
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Massage it on your scalp for at least 10 mins.
- Wash it off by using a mild shampoo.
Treat Brittle Hair With These 5 Monsoon Hair Care Tips
If your hair suffers from split ends and dullness, bringing back that moisture is really important for you. Here are some tips which will help you achieve that.
- Use a damage control shampoo because your hair needs the extra moisturisation and proteins.
- Go for hair styling products that have nourishing ingredients like shea butter.
- If you use a hairdryer, make sure to switch on the low heat setting.
- Use hair masks instead of conditioners as masks provide extra nourishment.
- Picking the right comb is very important for your hair type as using cheap plastic combs causes snapping of hair.
5 Step Monsoon Hair Care Routine You Can Follow
- Comb your hair gently and remove all the knots, then apply some warm oil and massage your scalp thoroughly. Keep it overnight or at least for 2 hours.
- While washing your hair, wet it completely, take some shampoo and mix it with water and then apply. Use circular motions to get a squeaky clean scalp. Don’t go too harsh and massage gently. Make sure the oil on your scalp and hair is removed completely.
- The next step is to apply conditioner, choose a nourishing conditioner or hair mask, and apply only till your mid-lengths. If you have thick hair you can use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the conditioner evenly on your hair. Keep it for 5-7 mins and then rinse thoroughly.
- Take a microfibre hair wrap or a cotton t-shirt to absorb all the water from your hair. Do not leave your hair wet. Use the blot, squeeze, and press method to dry your hair. If you are going to blow dry your hair, make sure to apply a heat protectant spray.
- After your hair is somewhat dry, apply a hair serum for controlling frizz. And once your hair is dry using a wide-tooth wooden comb, comb your hair.
Hair care in rainy season won’t be that difficult if you follow these tips. But remember that eating healthy and staying hydrated are the two most important factors which determine the quality of your hair. Stress and tension also affect your hair growth and result in hair loss. Now that hair care during monsoon has been made easy, follow a routine, eat healthily, drink enough water and your hair will be fine. In case you are experiencing extreme hair fall during monsoon, these home remedies for hair growth and hair fall reduction can come to your rescue.