Apart from brushing and using a mouthwash, your oral care routine is rarely given much thought. The 2 minutes you spent absent-mindedly brushing your teeth in the morning while dreading the day ahead is what most people’s dental health care regime looks like. But ever since the pandemic, Zoom calls and Facetime have led many to notice their teeth, lips and smiles. Simple procedures like veneers, teeth whitening, and perfecting that smile are becoming more popular than ever, making way for a brand new category in beauty—oral care!
It’s a lesser-known fact that oral care is not just about taking care of your mouth, it affects how your skin looks too. Women, with more time being spent at home, are making oral care an extra step in their elaborated Korean beauty routines that also seem to be trending.
5-Step Oral Care Routine To Jump On The Biggest New Beauty Trend
1. Make Flossing A Part Of Your Bedtime Routine
Strong oral hygiene includes a daily routine of brushing at least twice a day and flossing once. Dental floss is a cord of thin filaments that aid interdental cleaning like removing food and dental plaque from between teeth. A great oral hygiene product, the floss can reach places your toothbrush simply can’t.
Fast-Facts About Dental Flossing
- Cleaning between your teeth helps prevent cavities and gum disease
- Flossing helps remove a sticky film called plaque that contains bacteria that feeds on leftover food or sugar in your mouth
- Flossing is a great way to treat bad breath
How To Do It:
- Break off about 18 inches of floss and wind most of it around one of your middle fingers.
- Wind the remaining floss around the same finger of the opposite hand. This finger will take up the floss as it becomes dirty.
- Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and forefingers.
- Guide the floss between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion, taking care not to snap the floss into the gums.
- When the floss reaches the gum line, curve it into a C shape against one tooth.
- Gently slide it into the space between the gum and the tooth.
- Hold the floss tightly against the tooth.
- Gently rub the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum with up and down motions.
- Repeat this method on the rest of your teeth.
Don’t forget to throw this used oral care product once you are done.
2. Choose The Right Toothbrush
No dental health care routine can even begin without a toothbrush. And yet, we buy it absent-mindedly while purchasing our monthly groceries, looking for deals and bundle packs on discounts. A proper toothbrush is an investment in your oral health. Here’s what you need to keep in mind to make it the best teeth cleaning product for you.
Fast-Facts About Toothbrushes
- Both electric and manual toothbrushes can clean your teeth effectively—you can choose either.
- The shape of the toothbrush isn’t as important as you think, there is no standard shape that works the best.
- Fancy, multi-angled bristles can increase contact with tooth surfaces between teeth helping lift out plaque from tough spots.
How To Choose The Right Toothbrush:
- It’s best to choose a toothbrush with a small brush head and a bristle design that can help you to get to the hard-to-reach places of your mouth.
- Most dental health experts agree that soft bristles are best when choosing a toothbrush.
- Medium or hard bristles can actually damage your teeth and gums as you brush.
- The tips of the bristles matter as well. Your toothbrush bristles should have rounded tips to gently brush your teeth and prevent damage to your teeth and gums.
- Get one with a non-slip grip which makes it easy to use even if wet.
3. Follow The Recommended Brushing Technique
Now that you have the right toothbrush, it’s time to get to the most important part of your dental health care regime. Experts suggest that the right way to brush your teeth is that toothbrush bristles are placed at the gingival margin at a 45-degree angle to the tooth. Start brushing from the last tooth in the arch and continue brushing to cover the last tooth on the opposite side.
Step-By-Step Guide For Brushing Your Teeth Correctly:
- The front surface of the teeth: Angle your brush at a 45-degree angle while brushing the outside surfaces of your teeth and gum line.
- The inside surface of the teeth: Move the brush to the inside surface of your teeth, while keeping the brush at a 45-degree angle to clean the gum line.
- Chewing surfaces: Brush the chewing surfaces of your teeth on either side while holding the toothbrush flat on the top surface of each tooth.
- Clean your tongue: Clean the bacteria off your tongue using a tongue cleaner. It often appears as a white build-up. This will help keep your breath smelling fresh.
4. Using The Right Toothpaste
If you’ve been picking your toothpaste based on packaging, or fun colours or flavours of the paste, you’re doing it all wrong. The toothpaste is actually the product that is in charge of cleaning your teeth while still protecting them. And that’s why being mindful about the paste you use is an essential part of oral care.
Fast-Facts About Toothpaste:
- Toothpaste with ingredients like Lactoferrin and nHAP work wonders for your teeth
- N-HAP is effective in preventing cavities and remineralizing your teeth without any possible side effects.
- Lactoferrin, commonly known as Pink Gold, is a lesser-known endogenous protein that is antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory
- A good toothpaste should reduce the risk of oral diseases and enhance the overall biological equilibrium within the oral cavity
TC46’s Product Recommendation:
Dente91’s toothpaste uses simple and wholesome ingredients that are proven safe and work together in naturally effective ways. It contains key dental health care elements like Nano-hydroxyapatite, Lactoferrin and Xylitol. Dente91 knows that 97% of your enamel is made of hydroxyapatite, making it the building block of your teeth. So, rebuilding your teeth with the primary compound that they are composed of just makes sense.
The Dente91 toothpaste aids with antimicrobial action. This oral hygiene product may remineralize teeth, help protect against dental cavities, hypersensitivity, and encourage cavity healing. It may improve gum health and preserve the natural ecosystem of the oral cavity.
5. Using The Right Mouthwash
An oral care product for not just your teeth but your whole mouth, oral mouthwash helps get rid of debris that irritates the gum line and causes gingivitis. It prevents plaque accumulation and also kills harmful bacteria in the mouth. And while the market is filled with plenty of options, choosing the right mouthwash makes all the difference.
Fast-Facts About Mouthwash:
- Experts recommend that for best results, teeth should be freshly cleaned before using mouthwash
- Using mouthwash twice a day, after brushing and flossing, does the trick
- If open sores or oral lesions in your mouth are a concern, you might want to try using mouthwash to kill bacteria and speed healing
- In case of bad breath, mouthwash can work wonders—especially if don’t have time for an elaborate dental health care routine
TC46’s Product Recommendation:
Dente91’s Lactoferrin-based mouthwash offers a novel approach towards augmenting oral health and hygiene. This oral care product reduces the risk of oral diseases and enhances the overall biological equilibrium within the oral cavity by supplementing saliva’s natural protective mechanisms.
Dente91 mouthwash is free from alcohol, detergent, sugar and whitener. The mouthwash ensures healthy teeth, gums and implants by acting on root causes. Made with essential dental health care elements like Xylitol, Lactoferrin and peppermint oil, it helps in the maintenance of good oral hygiene and prevention of bad breath.
A big, happy smile can instantly lift your mood and make you feel confident. And today, a healthy oral care routine has become part of the beauty routine of new-age women who are chasing that picture-perfect smile for social media, Zoom calls, and healthier dental ageing in their 30s and 40s. A brand that’s created reliable and effective dental health care products is Dente91, with its toothpaste that enhances the overall biological equilibrium of your mouth and mouthwash that ensures you have healthy teeth, gums and implants by acting on root causes. Complete your beauty checklist with the best in oral care!
Click to buy the best dental care toothpaste & mouthwash by Dente91 today!