Desi ghee is an indispensable name in every Indian household. Remember the time when our grandparents would sing praises about the magical properties that this staple kitchen ingredient possesses? Well, other than boosting our metabolism, the benefits of using ghee for hair growth are countless.
These days we are spoilt with choices when it comes to hair care products. However, the chemicals that these high-end brands use to sell their products faster have a much damaging impact on our hair. No wonder our dadi and nani always advised us against using such artificial products and hold on to organic solutions.
8 Incredible Benefits Of Ghee For Hair
1. Go For An Organic Ghee Conditioner
Being loaded with fatty acids and antioxidants, ghee serves as an efficient conditioner. It lacks the unnecessary chemicals and preservatives that might be a threat to your scalp. Other than using ghee for deep conditioning, you can also use it for repairing dry, frizzy, and damaged hair.
2. Detangle Frizzy Hair In No Time
It really feels painful and annoying whenever we attempt to detangle our frizzy hair. And it’s so depressing when after every detangling session, we notice the amount of hair fall. Our hair is more prone to breakage and thinning when it’s frizzy. Ghee serves as the ultimate natural solution by helping us to get rid of the frizz and roughness. The moisturising properties of ghee improve the texture of our hair and make it shiny and bouncy.
3. Time To Bid Adieu To Dandruff
Dandruff is no fun and often difficult to get rid of. The fatty acids present in ghee possess beneficial vitamins and minerals, which help in removing dandruff in no time.
4. Quit Worrying About Split Ends
Frequent usage of hair care products, which are high on chemicals, under-nourishes our hair and causes split ends. Ghee, being rich in nutrients like vitamin A, D, K2, and E, works excellently when it comes to nourishing and repairing the damaged hair.
5. Bring Back That Shine And Improve Your Hair Texture
In order to adopt stylish looks, we indulge in a lot of experiments. Be it sprays, hair colours, straighteners or serums, the list goes on. They temporarily serve the purpose by giving us the desired look. However, such products leave us with permanent damage by completely ruining hair texture and causing subsequent hair loss. Ghee has the superpower of bringing back the lost shine and improving your hair texture in no time.
6. Say No To Hair fall
Try using ghee for hair growth and see great results. Ghee is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 9 fatty acids, along with antioxidants, which promote skin cell growth. It nourishes your scalp and prompts hair growth. It also makes your hair stronger, reducing hair fall, proving that ghee increases hair growth.
7. Get Instant Relief From Scalp Infections And Bald Patches
Ghee has massive medicinal value. It serves as an effective remedy for scalp infections by killing the bacteria responsible for it. Ghee increases blood circulation, cleanses the scalp, and treats unwanted skin issues.
8. Switch To A Natural Moisturiser For Your Scalp
Our hair loses moisture just like our skin if we fail to keep them hydrated and moisturised. Lack of moisture makes our hair rough, frizzy, and ultimately leads to hair fall. Ghee contains healthy and rich fatty acids, which nourish the hair follicles and boost hydration, keeping your hair moisturised and smooth.
The ghee benefits are just not restricted to hair, infact there are countless benefits of ghee for skin which makes it the one of the most ingredient to add to our daily beauty regime.
6 Must Try Ghee Hair Masks To Enhance Hair Health
1. Aloe Vera & Ghee Hair Mask For Hair Growth & Dandruff
Aloe Vera contains certain enzymes that repair dead skin cells, promotes hair growth, prevents itching, and reduces dandruff. Aloe Vera also acts as a great conditioner, which makes our hair look smooth and shiny.
- Take a bowl, put 3-4 tablespoons of ghee and the same amount of coconut oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera.
- After mixing it, apply it all over your hair, right from the scalp to the end.
- Let it sit for an hour at least, and then wash it off with warm water.
2. Nourish Your Hair With Egg Yolk & Ghee Hair Mask
Egg yolk contains sulphur, protein, and it’s high on fat. These are all important components of hair care; promoting hair softness, shine, and nourishment.
- Put 1 tablespoon of hot ghee in a container and add 2 egg yolks.
- Mix it well and apply it on your hair.
- Keep it for at least 20 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water and a mild shampoo.
3. Improve Your Hair Health With Honey & Ghee Hair Mask
Honey has rich antioxidant properties that prevent damage, keeping your scalp and hair healthy. Therefore, adding it to ghee will ensure that you get the desired results.
- Take 1 tablespoon of hot ghee and add a few drops of honey in it.
- After mixing it thoroughly, apply the paste all over your scalp and massage for at least 10 minutes for increasing blood circulation.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
4. Hair Conditioning Ghee Mask
After practising this drill for a couple of weeks, you will be able to spot a noticeable difference. By using this mask, your hair will feel a lot softer and smoother.
- Take a container, mix 2 tablespoons of ghee with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Massage it on your scalp for at least 10 mins.
- Wash it off by using a mild shampoo.
5. Ghee Hair Mask To Get Rid Of Dandruff
Lemons are known for their antimicrobial properties. Combine this with the goodness of ghee and almond oil to make a potent hair mask.
- Prepare a composition of ghee, almond oil, and squeeze in ½ of a lemon’s juice.
- Massage it on your scalp regularly in order to get rid of dry, itchy, and flaky scalp.
- Wash it off with rose water after keeping it for about 20 minutes.
6. Ghee Hair Mask To Treat Split-ends
Using pure, unadulterated ghee for hair care works wonders.
- Heat 1 spoonful of ghee and rub it on your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for around 20 mins before washing it off. You can also keep the ghee on hair overnight for better results.
- Practise this procedure twice a week for experiencing faster results.
Ghee is that readily available hair care remedy, which we mostly overlooked. It treats the health of your hair and scalp from inside and out. Now, you know that you can make the best use of ghee for hair related issues. Try these DIY ghee masks in your daily hair care routine and possess strong, soft, and shiny hair in no time.