You may want to vomit because of varied reasons – just a case of indigestion, you’re pregnant, or because of a medical condition. Some also feel nauseous and have a vomiting tendency during periods. Feeling nauseous or vomiting as you go on with life is restrictive. It slows you down, makes you feel tired and weak as a result of dehydration, and impedes the pace at which you work.
Here are 7 home remedies that will help you stop vomiting.
1. Lemon & Honey
Lemon juice is rich in antioxidants that cleanse the stomach and boost the immune system by removing toxins that make you vomit. This home remedy reduces feelings of nausea and stops vomiting.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
Mix the ingredients together and drink up.
2. Pudina (Mint) Leaves
Mint is known to relax stomach muscles owing to the anti-microbial properties that it contains.
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 1 cup of warm water
- Let the mint leaves stay soaked in warm water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain off the water and sip on it.
- Alternatively, you can chew on fresh mint leaves to relieve feelings of nausea and eventually vomiting.
- If you neither like dried mint leaves nor prefer chewing fresh leaves at home, you can simply sip on mint tea to make the most of the health benefits of mint leaves.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful ingredient for easing vomiting. Not just that, it also enables you to get rid of the bitter and stale taste in your mouth as a result of its antibacterial properties. However, make sure that you do not use excessive quantities of apple cider vinegar to prevent suffering from other side effects like stomach pain.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with water.
- Rinse the mouth with this solution.
- Use this mixture as and when required.
According to Ayurveda, cinnamon is enriched with antiemetic and stimulating properties. This makes it an excellent home remedy for treating morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy. To top that, it is also a natural nuskhe for alleviating symptoms of nausea and vomiting during menstruation.
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- Honey, as required
- 1 cup of hot water
- Soak the small cinnamon stick in a cup of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the stick and add honey to the liquid solution.
- The flavoured water is ready to be sipped.
- Drink at least 3 times a day to make the most of the benefits of this spice as an anti-vomiting home remedy.
5. Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
Being an antiemetic, fennel seeds help in curing nausea and vomiting. It encourages digestion and relieves the pain and convulsions that often accompany vomiting.
- 1 tbsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 cup hot water
- Brew crushed fennel seeds in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain off the seeds and sip on the water.
- Have 1 to 2 cups of this liquid solution to make the most of its effectiveness for alleviating symptoms of nausea and vomiting.
The antiseptic properties of cloves have a positive effect on your digestive system. No wonder, cloves are often an integral part of Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat symptoms of vomiting.
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Chew on a few cloves
- You may want to take a tablespoon of honey if the odour of calves is too strong and pungent for you.
- Do this once or twice a day to relieve yourself from nausea and vomiting.
7. Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
An ultra-effective remedy if you want to get rid of vomiting immediately, cumin seed water is the way to go. So much so that you will notice results immediately. Not just nausea and vomiting, it is an efficient home remedy for morning sickness and diarrhoea as well because of its stimulant and astringent properties as well.
- 1½ tbsp cumin powder
- 1 glass of water
- Pour the cumin seed powder into water and give it a good stir. It would be better if you could use freshly ground cumin powder.
- Sip on the home remedy.
Open up like never before and participate in conversations about beauty, mental health, menstrual & sexual health, and more. Desi women, join our community NOW!