1. Low-Glycemic Diets This is one of the best foods for acne-prone skin. Research shows that a low-glycemic diet, that is, foods low in simple sugars can prevent and treat acne.
2. Zinc-Rich Foods One of the foods that reduce sebum production, zinc is a mineral that is essential for the development of the skin & also for regulating hormone levels and metabolism.
3. Vitamin A & E Studies have found that lack of or low levels of vitamins A and E most likely leads to the development of severe cases of acne.
4. Omega-3 Fatty Acids Certain plants and animal sources like eggs and fish are enriched with the goodness of omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Antioxidants Antioxidant-rich fruits and veggies like spinach and berries & nuts like almonds & walnuts are known for neutralising damaging toxins in the body.
6. Probiotics These are actually bacteria, referred to as good bacteria, that are known to have a positive effect on the gut.