1. Cerebral Palsy Refers to a disorder of movement, muscle tone or posture caused either by an infection.
2. Impaired Learning Premature babies are more likely to lag on various developmental milestones and might be more likely to possess learning disabilities.
3. Vision Problems Premature infants may develop premature retinopathy, a disease that occurs due to the swelling of blood vessels.
4. Dental Problems Premature infants are prone to developing dental problems, such as delayed tooth eruption, tooth discoloration and improperly aligned teeth.
5. Chronic Health Issues Premature babies need extra care because they may face chronic health issues such as infections, asthma, feeding problems, etc.