1. Maintain A Routine Eat regular meals and snacks throughout the day. This will help to keep your blood sugar levels stable and prevent spikes. Aim to eat every 3-4 hours.
2. Complex Carbohydrates > Simple Carbohydrates Go for complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits, & vegetables, because they take longer to digest and absorb into the bloodstream.
3. Have Protein And Fats They help to slow down digestion & keeps you feeling full. Good sources of lean protein include chicken, fish, beans, and tofu.
4. Avoid Unhealthy Food Limit processed foods, sugary drinks, & unhealthy fats. Processed foods, sugary drinks, and unhealthy fats are high in calories and low in nutrients
5. Fibre Eat plenty of fibre. Fibre keeps you feeling full and can also help improve insulin sensitivity.