3. Wear protective clothing like long-sleeved shirts, hats, and sunglasses to further shield your skin from the sun.
4. Be aware of reflective surfaces like water and sand that can intensify the sun's rays and increase your risk of sunburn.
5. Apply sunscreen generously and frequently, especially if you're sweating or swimming.
6. Don't forget to protect your lips with a lip balm that contains SPF.
7. Check the expiration date on your sunscreen and replace it if it's expired or has been exposed to extreme temperatures.
8. Be extra cautious if you have fair skin, a history of skin cancer, or are taking medications that can increase your sensitivity to the sun.