1. Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) The main active ingredient, vitamin C, is available in various forms such and provides antioxidant protection, boosts collagen production, and brightens the skin.
2. Hyaluronic Acid This hydrating ingredient helps retain moisture, keeping the skin plump and moisturized.
3. Ferulic Acid Often combined with vitamin C, ferulic acid enhances the stability and effectiveness of the serum while providing additional antioxidant benefits.
4. Vitamin E Another antioxidant, vitamin E, complements vitamin C’s benefits and helps protect the skin from free radicals and UV damage.
5. Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Often found in combination with vitamin C, niacinamide helps improve the skin’s texture, reduces redness, & minimizes the appearance of pores.
6. Glycerin This humectant draws moisture to the skin, providing hydration and maintaining a healthy moisture barrier.
7. AHA or BHA Some serums include alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) to aid in exfoliation, improving skin texture & promoting a smoother complexion.