Psychiatrist and Sexologist Dr Sanjay Kumavat of Fortis Hospital, Mumbai shares 8 vital things to know to have a safe and healthy polyamorous life.
1. Honesty = Healthy Polyamorous Relationship Polyamorous means to have an open intimate relationship with more than one person at a time.
2. Can Handle Multiple Relations At Once You can know if it is right if a person can handle multiple relations at the same time, which are based on love, trust,and consent from their partners.
3. Polyamory Thrives On Openness, Trust, & integrity The point of polyamory is not secrecy but openness, immense trust, acting with care, integrity, & sharing love
4. Set Ground Rules (Together!) Emphasise the importance of respect for each other. Trust, honesty, dignity, & respect are cardinal features in this kind of relationship.
5. Consent Is Vital In Polyamory A crucial aspect of polyamory is time management and learning what one wants and prioritising life accordingly.
6. Honesty, Hygiene, & STI screening Are The Best Practices Understand clearly what creates a sense of romantic safety & happiness for yourself.