1. Sandhi Puja Sandhi Puja is performed at the end of Ashtami Puja (eighth day) & the start of Navami (ninth day) during Durga Puja.
2. Recitation Of Chants & Mantra All the devotees often gather to read sacred texts, chants, and mantras dedicated to Goddess Durga on Ashtami.
3. Homam And Yagna Some devotees perform havan (fire ritual) or yagna (sacred fire ceremony), which is also an offering to Goddess Durga, seeking her blessings and protection.
4. Events And Celebrations In many places, events, dance performances, and music concerts are organized to celebrate the occasion of Durga Ashtami.
5. Fasting Many devotees take a fast on Durga Ashtami, called a vrat, and they only consume specific foods and abstain from grains & non-vegetarian items.