World Heart Day
1. Leafy Greens Spinach and kale are packed with vitamins, minerals, & antioxidants.
2. Whole Grains Whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat (atta) and quinoa are rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
3. Olive Oil A staple of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil is associated with a reduced risk of heart disease.
4. Dark Chocolate Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that may improve heart health by reducing inflammation & improving blood flow.
5. Legumes Legumes like beans, lentils and chickpeas are excellent sources of plant-based protein, fibre, & potassium.