1. The three states in India with the highest prevalence of HIV among adults are Mizoram, Nagaland, and Manipur.
2. Other states and Union Territories (UTs) with incidents of HIV above the national average are Andhra Pradesh, Meghalaya, Telangana, Karnataka, Delhi, among others.
3. There were almost 70,000 cases of HIV in 2019, which implies that there are 190 new infections every day and 8 new infections every hour.
4. India recorded almost 59,000 deaths owing to deaths in the year 2019 alone.
5. Andhra Pradesh recorded the highest number of deaths among Indian states, followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka.