Keep your skincare game strong and steer clear of these 5 fads that do more harm than good.
1. Avoid Storing DIY Skincare Treatments DIY skincare ingredients are easily perishable and can get oxidised if stored beyond a couple of days.
2. Don’t Over-Exfoliate Over-exfoliation can cause redness, irritation, and loss of moisture and hydration, which are required to maintain a healthy, glowing complexion.
3. Layering Multiple Actives At The Same Time Can Be Harmful If you use too many actives at once, you may impair your skin barrier, causing over dryness, lack of radiance, and an increase in skin sensitivity
4. Direct Use Of Essential Oils Can Worsen Skin Conditions Undiluted essential oils can exacerbate the skin issue. It can turn into major irritants.
5. Stop Using Actives Without Knowing Their Pros & Cons For Your Skin Type Skin types vary and, hence, using every active that is easily available is strictly discouraged without consulting a dermatologist.