The Channel 46
The outfit, accessories, shoes and bags are all important, but your party makeup can make or break a look. And with the party season in full swing and a New Year’s plan in motion, you need to make your #OOTN look fab – just like you! So whether you’re getting together at home, heading to a house party, or going for dinner-and-dancing with friends, we’ve curated some step-by-step party makeup tutorials that will help you get your glam on! But first, let’s learn how to set the right base for party makeup that’s long-lasting and won’t smudge before the big countdown.
1. Sizzling Hot Red Red can make you look striking in a room full people. Though red can seem a bold choice, when done right, it can elevate your outfit and make your face appear vibrant. Try this look with a solid dress, neutral colours and muted accessories.
2. Picture Perfect Plum Plum looks royal, vintage, bold, yet elegant. A plum-themed makeup look is all the rage this party season because of how well it works with the Indian skin tone. Whether you’ve opted for a monotone palette, or you’re going for gold, or working some ethereal white, or even channelling florals and prints, plum is the perfect way to get your glam on with makeup.
3. Green With Envy Vivacious and playful, green is the colour for all the brown-eyed Indian beauties. When done right, it can do wonders to accentuate your eyes and create a stunning look. Go monochrome with the outfit and add an animal print accessory like a bag or belt.
4. Metallic Mocha A subtle, smokey brown eye with a pop of metallic shimmer is the ultimate party look! This makeup look is extremely versatile and an updated version of the all-black smokey eye. Make sure you add bold jewellery in gold to complement this look.
5. Shine On With Silver Thinking of going the boho route with your outfit? Or plan on wearing that gorgeous black saree that falls oh-so gracefully? Go for a shimmery silver makeup look that can add some sparkle to your outfit. Match with silver, oxidised or tribal jewellery.
The Channel 46