1. Amrish Puri – Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge Amrish Puri’s character in this movie is synonymous with “Ja Simran ja, jee le apni zindagi”. The evergreen-ness of this dialogue cuts across generations.
2. Shah Rukh Khan – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Yet another trendsetter dad of his generation, Rahul Khanna led by example. He was a single dad at a time when the concept was still unheard of in India.
3. Amitabh Bachchan – Baghban The list remains incomplete without the mention of Raj Malhotra from Baghban, by far the all-time favourite movie of our parents
4. Abhishek Bachchan – Paa In a classic case of role reversal between real and reel, the real-life dad Amitabh Bachchan portrays the role of the son to real-life son Abhishek Bachchan.
5. Amitabh Bachchan – Piku Amitabh Ji essayed the role of an archetypal bong father obsessed with his errant bowel movements and has something to complain about pretty much everything.