The Channel 46
Footwear is an extension of your personality. No wonder, people often prefer to make a first impression of you through the shoes you’re wearing and how clean they are. It is not only a mirror for the person that you are, but it talks volumes about how organised and sorted you are in your life. Footwear completes a wardrobe and introduces the much-needed final finishing touches to the look you want to flaunt for the day. Rightly said, it’s all in the details, and footwear is an accessory that can make or break your look.
1. Toe-Loop Strap Flats A wardrobe staple, this versatile beauty is a definite essential. It goes with every look from ethnic to western and, hence, the traditional toe-loop strap slides are your BFFs. Make sure to pick them in neutral tones to match any outfit from your closet. If you love shimmer, a little bit of glitz here and there can introduce a celebratory touch to your day, without overpowering your ensemble.
2. Two Strap Block Heels The “chunky yet very feminine” style is an all-time favourite, irrespective of the fashion season. It enables you to flaunt your freshly-pedicured feet and painted, shapely nails while giving you a little bit of height. If you love to add some height, this is your opportunity. But, in case you’re already tall and are a little sceptical of adding more to your height, take this opportunity to stand taller because you deserve to be the cynosure of all eyes on your Big Day.
3. Wedges Not fond of stilettos or would like to add a variety of heels to your footwear closet? In that case, wedges are your answer. Pick this style for unmatched height and comfort. As comfortable as they are, they can be paired with every ensemble in your bridal trousseau and are ideal for a garden wedding. Go for a pair of gold or silver tinted, shiny or matte wedge heels to complement your bridal wear and be ready to make heads turn.
4. Sneakers For the unversed, white sneakers are the in-thing even with traditional wear. Comfortable and chic, sneakers impart an edgy touch to the outfit. If you’re that quirky, experimental bride who wants to stay clear of the tried and tested, sneakers might be your vibe. If white is not your colour and you would rather prefer a shimmery or a pop hue, go for gold or silver, or opt for colour block with fuschia, turquoise or one of the fluorescent shades.
5. Traditional Toe-Loop Strap Style Platform Pencil Heels The tricky one but the kind of footwear every woman wants and must own, especially if you’re planning your wedding footwear trousseau. It goes with every look from ethnic to western and Indo-western. The platform reduces the high arch and gives the perfect comfort – the ideal footwear for the day when you have to be up on your feet for several hours on end to greet your guests.
The Channel 46