1. Eat Together When families eat together, mom, dad, and kids make healthier meal choices & develop healthier eating habits that they keep when eating away from home.
2. Cook More Often When you do the cooking, you control how much fat, salt, & other ingredients go into your family’s meals.
3. Stock The Pantry With Healthy Snacks Cut up fresh fruits and vegetables and keep them in the fridge so that they’re easily accessible when you and your kids reach for a snack.
4. Make Changes Gradually Take a gradual approach to improve your family’s nutritional profile.
5. Watch Your Portions If you eliminate your guilty pleasures, such as chocolate or french fries, entirely, you’ll only crave them more.