1. The Defeat Of The Sun According to Hindu mythology, if Lord Rama had not defeated Ravana, the Sun would have never risen again.
2. Vijay Dashmi It is celebrated as Vijay Dashmi to mark the victory of Goddess Durga over the Demon King Mahishasura.
3. Seasonal Changes Dussehra also marks the end of the season as we finally bid adieu to summer, and it’s time for the winter season.
4. Ramleela Ramleela or ‘Rama’s play’ is a performance of the Ramayana epic in a series of scenes that include song, narration, recital & dialogue.
5. Buddhism Buddhists celebrate this day as Ashok Vijayadashami, as it is believed that Mauryan King Ashoka was converted to buddhism on this day.