1. Piku A crowd-favourite is Piku that shone a light on the eccentric family of an ailing, single father and his daughter.
2. Gunjan Saxena Gunjan Saxena wants to fly. Though her father lacks the money she needs to pursue her dream, he makes up for it with abundant motivation and a cheery disposition.
3. Dangal It perfectly showcases how the encouragement and support of a father can make you come out of your comfort zone and do something which you never even dreamt of.
4. Chachi 420 It showed how a dad will go to any lengths to be with his child and the unconditional love a father has for his kids.
5. Khamoshi: The Musical A caring daughter of a deaf-mute couple, was critically praised and is regarded as one of her finest performances to date.
6. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Rahul’s love for his daughter, who lost her mother at birth, is evident in all he does for her.
7. Kya Kehna The representation of a father’s emotions during the situation is so accurately portrayed by Kher that it gives hope for society to be open about pre-marital sex.
8. Angrezi Medium A dedicated father who vows to do whatever it takes to send his daughter to study abroad.
9. Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga This movie deals with a closet lesbian coming to terms with her sexuality and how her father helps her come out of the closet.
10. Cheeni Kum In another case of putting a daughter’s desires over their own, father finally agrees to let his daughter, marry a significantly older man.