Introduce a twist to your alcohol menu this weekend and chug chug chug all the way up and to glory with some stunning rum cocktail recipes. What if we tell you that there are a myriad of rum cocktail recipes that will not only get you sorted for this weekend but every weekend thereafter?
So, on Word Rum Day (9th July), here are 5 laajawab rum cocktail recipes from the top restaurants in Mumbai and Goa for you to #BeALittleMore experimental with your drink.
1. Luna As Served At Juliette, Mumbai
(picture in the lead)
- Mount gay silver – 45 ml
- Fresh pineapple juice – 22.5 ml
- Fresh citrus – 15 ml
- Sugar syrup – 5 ml
- Cucumber – 3 slice to muddle
- Thyme – 2 stick
- Mount gay spiced rum – 10 ml (float)
- In a shaker, add cucumber and muddle it.
- Add thyme and other ingredients, shake it well and then strain the contents into a rocks glass.
- Place cucumber ribbon over ice and top with crushed ice.
- Float spiced rum on top and finally garnish it with thyme and cherry.
2. Xec – Xec As Served At Maai, Goa
- Dark rum – 60 ml
- Spiced syrup- 12.5 ml
- Tamarind liqueur – 20 ml
- Orange juice – 30 ml
- In a shaker, pour tamarind liqueur, spiced syrup, orange juice, and 60ml dark rum in that sequence
- Add ice to shaker and give the mixture a hard shake
- Then, pour the mixture in a mudka glass
- Garnish with orange peel and burnt cinnamon stick
Read: 4 Gin Cocktail Recipes From Top Restaurant Mixologists In Mumbai
3. Havana, Ooh Na Na As Served At The Little Easy, Mumbai
- Havana White Rum – 60ml
- Apple Juice – 30ml
- Lemon Juice – 15ml
- Cinnamon Syrup – 20ml
- Top Up with Soda
- Mix all the ingredients through the building method
- Garnish with rum-infused marigold flower
4. Mury Thai Boxing As Served At Kyma, Mumbai
- White rum – 45 ml
- Sweet & sour – 10 ml
- Mint leaves – 4 or 5
- Orange juice – 45 ml
- Pineapple juice
- Float Dark rum – 30 ml
- Take the white and the dark rum as the base
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Shake it up well, so the ingredients blend thoroughly
- garnish with pineapple cone and cherry, and served chilled
Read: 11 Best Beverage Recipes For Monsoons
5. Golden Zen As Served At Yazu, Mumbai
- Bacardi white – 50 ml
- Lime juice – 15 ml
- Galangal extract – 15 ml
- Bitter – 2 dash
- Basil leaves – 2 to 3 leaves
- Ginger foam – on top
- Take the shaker, tap the basil leaves and then add 2 dash of bitter
- Add galangal extract with lime juice
- Next, put rum and shake it vigorously and then pour it in a small tin
- Take the pre-chill tulip glass, dust it with caster sugar, pour the contents of the small tin into this glass and top up with ginger foam
Open up like never before and participate in conversations about beauty, entrepreneurship, mental health, menstrual & sexual health, and more. Desi women, join our community NOW!