Diwali brings along a variety of celebrations and Bhai Dooj is extra special. The exchange of Bhai Dooj gifts by brothers and sisters forms a significant part of the celebrations. From gag gifts to taane and pranks to a whole lot of fun, this festival is truly unique. So why not make it even more significant with a great gift for your brother!
If you are struck with the thought of gifts for Bhai Dooj for your dearest brother then consider your problem solved. Here are some fantastic gift ideas for your brother to make Bhai Dooj celebrations memorable!
5 DIY Gift Ideas For Your Bhai
1. Mini Celebration Hamper
What could be a better gift for your brother than a bit of everything he loves! For someone with a sweet tooth, go for mithai, chocolates or cookies from a local business. Grab as many as you want or stick to his favourites. Another great idea is a hamper made up of mini alcohol bottles. Imagine his surprise seeing a booze bouquet.
How To Do It:
- Grab a basket of your choice. If you are going for a bouquet, choose a sturdy base like a vase.
- Fill the hamper with some coloured crepe paper straw or lay down a decorative cloth.
- You can use sequins, ribbons, lace and more to adorn the hamper.
- Add the gifts to the hamper, making sure they are visible and create a beautiful hamper.
- Please make sure to store the hamper in a cool place if you plan on using food items.
2. DIY Photo Lamp
Remember the good old days when there were no camera phones, just an endless wait for our camera reel to get filled so that we could print our clicks? While it’s easy to ship out your phone and scroll through a ton of pictures, nothing can beat old-school photos! So bring out those old and new photos to make a beautiful DIY lamp! Don’t forget the one where he is dressed up in weird clothes.
How To Do It:
- Take a tumbler of your choice. You can reuse plastic or glass ones.
- Print out photos on paper thick enough to last and thin enough to be folded.
- Stick the photos on the outside of the tumblers with transparent tape.
- Now, put in a tea light candle or tiny fairy lights.
- Turn the lights on and bask in the warmth of nostalgia!
3. Hand-Painted Superhero Coasters
Is your brother a superhero fanatic and can’t get enough of them? Here’s a DIY to give him a gift he will never forget. Go for a classic Marvel Universe theme, make it DC special or choose the superheroes of his liking. Bonus points if you have no idea who’s his favourite and you get it right!
How To Do It:
- Grab some wooden coasters, paints, brushes and glue.
- Start by painting the background first and draw on the desired shape with a marker.
- Fill in the colours according to the design and make sure to let it dry completely.
- You can add a sequined star for Captain America’s shield or golden glitter for Iron Man.
4. Handmade Coffee Soap
Does your brother love the smell of freshly brewed coffee first thing in the morning? A coffee soap with essential oils is an amazing gift that you can give to your brother to awaken his senses each time he has a bath. Coffee is a great exfoliant; it removes dead skin cells, boosts circulation and reduces cellulite.
How To Do It:
- Gather the ingredients needed; glycerin soap, coffee grounds, moulds and essential oils.
- Make sure you use the ingredients in the right quantity.
- Melt the soap, add the ingredients and mix it well.
- Let it cool down and set. Then cut as desired.
5. Couch Remote Holder
This is a very useful gift for someone who hates having to waste time looking for the different remotes for the tv, set-top box, air conditioner and the dozen other gadgets. To make this couch remote holder, you will require a quilting wadding and the fabric of your choice. You can sew it by hand or using a sewing machine.
How To Do It:
- Choose the length of the cover and take the measurements to sew your couch remote holder.
- Fold the fabric around the quilt and sew the edge onto the quilting.
- Select the fabric that you want to be shown apart from the slots for the remote.
- Take a measurement of the remotes at your place and then sew a pocket which is slightly less in size than that of the remote.
5 Stand-Out Gifts To Shop For Your Brother
1. Get His Favourite Merch & Themed Apparel
Winter is coming, and not just in GoT. This is a great time to shop for sweatshirts and hoodies for your brother. But don’t go down the rabbit hole of classic colours like black and blue. Think out of the box and surprise him with merch from his favourite web series, sports team or even superheroes. The Souled Store and Redwolf have a huge variety of themed apparel that will make anyone swoon. Grab his favourite, get it delivered and see the joy on his face!
2. Help Him With Home Decor
If your brother lives far away, moved into a hostel or has a place of his own, then this gift is perfect for him. Chumbak offers an array of home decor options that are both affordable and quirky. From plates, platters, mugs and bottles to storage, tableware and cushions, you can shop everything here. Help him sort his obviously messy life by giving him the tools to set up his home in a fun and funky way.
3. Get Him To Style His Facial Hair
Whether he likes to clean-shave, keep a stubble or into the bearded-hunk look, skincare and beard care products are a must. Bombay Shaving Company has solutions for all; shaving, beard care, hair care, bath and skincare. Get him a great pre-shave scrub, beard-softener or hair mask to tame his locks. It’s a great way to pamper him and they have a festive range with great discounts.
4. Surprise Him With A Classic Watch
There is nothing more alluring than a statement watch. It’s a reflection of the personality, especially for men as they don’t tend to wear many accessories. So give your brother a watch he will surely love. Fossil, Tommy Hilfiger, Giordano, Titan or Fastrack, the choice is yours. Now is the perfect time to shop and make the most of the festive season sale. Go for a black leather strapped one or an analogue one.
5. Make Him Step Up His Look
Elegant, classy fashion pieces can make a man stand out from the crowd. A Louis Phillippe or Invictus tie is just what your brother needs for his next big meeting. If he is someone who loves suiting up, then gift him some ties that can take an outfit up a notch. Not just ties but pocket squares for your cousin’s reception outfit or statement cufflinks can change the way you look. This Bhai Dooj, give him the gift of fashion!
Make one at home or get it online, a gift brings a smile to your face. And there is no greater joy than spreading happiness during the festive season. So choose your favourite and give your brother an unforgettable Bhai Dooj gift!