Any workout that improves blood circulation is exactly what you need to add mirch, masala, and namak to your sex life. Because it improves your sex drive. Loads of sexual energy when you’ve made up your mind to start a family. Add to it, a few exercises that open up your pelvis and hips, and strengthen your abdomen and thighs, and you’ll have what it takes to go for the long haul in your sex life. Fortunately, yoga does it all for you.
5 Yoga Asanas For Boosting Fertility
Here are 5 yoga asanas to turn on the heat in your sex life and enjoy oodles of baby-making sex.
1.Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall)
The yoga pose improves blood circulation in your entire body, which improves your sex life. To top that, it calms your nervous system, relieving anxiety and stress.
How To Do It:
- Lie flat on your back with your buttocks as close to the wall as possible. Ensure that you are comfortable.
- Place both your legs up the wall, so that both your feet rest against the wall.
- Hold this position for as long as you can and gradually start pushing your torso closer to the wall.
- Place a small pillow under your lower back to prop up this part of your body a little bit. Stay this way as long as you can or want to.
2. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana opens up the chest to enhance the intake of oxygen, which is an essential nutrient for the blood running through your body. And when there’s a healthy blood flow, it will inevitably boost your sex drive. Avoid doing this asana if you have a back injury, spondylitis, or asthma.
How To Do It
- Lie down on your stomach with your hands beside your ribs and toes pressed on the mat.
- Inhale and lift your head and chest lightly using your hands.
- Slightly bend your elbows, relax and roll your shoulders back and down.
- Arch your neck and look upward gently.
- Breathe normally while holding the posture.
- To release the posture, gently drop your chest on the floor.
3. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand)
This yoga posture helps stimulate the thyroid gland, which is a natural medicine for health issues related to fertility. It also acts as an effective stress-buster, helping in keeping your mind calm. However, avoid practising this yoga if you have neck pain or high blood pressure, or are on your periods, unless advised differently by your yoga instructor.
How To Do It
- Lie down flat on your back, facing the ceiling
- Lift your leg slowly and then gradually lift your hips as much as you can
- Return to the starting position to complete one step.
4. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
This asana helps your pelvic region open up and expand. It also stimulates your thyroid gland by allowing an uninterrupted flow of blood, thus, improving its function. The posture also alleviates the symptoms like anxiety, stress, depression, and fatigue. Everything that makes for a great sex life, which works like magic when you’re planning a family.
How To Do It
- Lie down in a supine position (on your back) and hand beside your body.
- Fold your knees and hold your ankle with your palms.
- The distance between the feet should be hip apart.
- While inhaling, raise your back up and push your abdomen out.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds and continue breathing normally.
- With exhalation bring your back down and relax.
5. Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II Pose)
The yoga posture works wonders in strengthening your abdomen, thighs, and hips, making them flexible. It also releases negative energy through your hips. This eases hip and thigh movements during a hot sesh between the sheets, adding spice to baby-making sex. However, while doing this, take care to not transfer the entire body weight onto your knees, but evenly distribute it throughout all the leg muscles.
How To Do It
- Rotate the right foot at an angle of 90 degrees to your body.
- Lift the right knee above your ankle with your thigh parallel to the mat.
- Engage your hips.
- Extend your arms at shoulder level and parallel to the floor, with the palms facing down and fingers pointing outwards.
- Lift your chest upwards.
- Gaze at your right fingers.
- Engage both your legs and core muscles and hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Open up like never before and participate in conversations about beauty, entrepreneurship, mental health, menstrual & sexual health, and more. Desi women, join our community NOW!