Yoghurt is known as a natural de-tan. Remember the desi nuskhe passed down through generations? But it does so much more than being a de-tan agent. It is rich in vitamins B2, B3, and B12, calcium, zinc, lactic acid, and alpha hydroxy acids – all of which are wonder ingredients for your skin. From cleaning and hydrating your skin to preventing and treating acne breakouts, reducing premature signs of ageing, toning and exfoliating the skin, the humble dahi does it all. The result is smooth and supple skin which is a sign of good health.
5 DIY Yoghurt-Based Face Masks
So, here are 5 DIY face masks using yoghurt for you to know more about its benefits and experience the results.
1. Dahi, Oatmeal & Honey Face Mask
If you’ve been looking for a face mask to treat your premature signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines, this is just the DIY solution you should try. Apart, it controls free radical damage, removes oil and dirt from inside the pores, and helps you get rid of dead cells from the skin’s surface. It leaves your skin feeling soft and looking supple because of all the essential nutrients that it contributes.
- 2 tsp dahi
- 1 tsp of oatmeal
- 1 tsp honey
- Add yoghurt and oatmeal to a mixing bowl. Let the oatmeal soak for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, add honey and mix the ingredients thoroughly to get a fine paste.
- Apply a thick layer of the paste all over your face and neck.
- Let this stay for 15 minutes or till it dries completely.
- While washing off the mask with lukewarm water, gently exfoliate your skin with your fingertips through circular motions.
- Once the face pack has been removed from your face entirely, splash cool water to close the open pores.
2. Dahi, Honey & Rose Face Mask
The magic ingredients are perfect for cleaning your face of dirt and excess oil (sebum), fighting acne, treating inflammations, toning the skin, and maintaining its pH balance. On top of that, it moisturises your skin too.
- 1 tbsp dahi
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp honey
- Rose petals (optional)
- Take rose water in a mixing bowl and throw in the petals.
- Let this stay for 2 minutes, so the water can draw all the vitamins and minerals from the rose petals.
- Next, add the curd, blend thoroughly, and sit for 2 minutes.
- Finally, pour the honey and give the ingredients a good mix to get an even paste.
- You may remove the petals from the mixture if you prefer it that way.
- Apply the mask evenly on your face and neck, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water, followed by cool water to close the open pores.
3. Dahi & Green Tea
The face mask is just right for toning your skin, reducing redness, and leaving it toned and exfoliated. What’s more, it hydrates the skin as well. You can fall back on this one for keeping your skin healthy during winter too.
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp green tea (strongly brewed)
- Add the oatmeal and apple cider vinegar to the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly so the latter coats the former completely.
- Next, add the curd and let the mixture sit for 2 minutes.
- Add honey and mix again to ensure that it gets evenly distributed.
- Pour the green tea and give the mixture a final mix.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes before you wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Finally, rinse off with cool water to close the open pores.
4. Dahi, Avocado & Olive & Olive Oil Face Mask
A wonderful hydrating face mask, the combination of avocado, olive oil, and yoghurt imparts nourishment to your skin, leaving it smooth and supple.
- 1 tsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ avocado
- Mash the avocado into a paste with the back of a fork and then add yoghurt and olive oil to it.
- Blend the ingredients to get an even mixture.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water, while using your fingertips to scrub your skin gently in circular movements.
- When you’ve removed the mask entirely, splash cool water on your face to close the open pores.
5. Dahi, Strawberry, & Honey Face Mask
The dual benefits of curd and strawberry work wonder as a moisturiser, fights acne, eliminates bacteria from your skin and also brightens your skin tone.
- 1 tsp dahi
- 2 ripe strawberry
- 1 tsp honey
- Mash the strawberries with a fork, and add yoghurt and honey to them. Mix well.
- Apply a generous amount of the mask all over your face.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Finally, splash cold water on your face to close the open pores.
Open up like never before and participate in conversations about beauty, entrepreneurship, mental health, menstrual & sexual health, and more. Desi women, join our community NOW!